Winter Wonderland

Boysie

Just for fun
What's snow? I lived in the Snowy Mountains in NSW for a winter in 1972, it snowed twice that year and I found out what a horrible, cold and wet substance snow is. I'm glad I live in Oz.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I hate Xmas tree farms. Our local one gives you a saw and sends you off into the bush to find your own. Does my wife like the one right next to the road, oh no, it's got to be the one 300 yards in through the long grass crawling with Tiger Snakes. Reckon she has taken some new insurance out on me :LOL:
The annual trip to cut down our tree is REAL family tradition with me - and for the past 25 years, I lay down and crawl half under the tree to cut it down - and when it falls IT FALLS ON ME! Then I lay under the tree yelling, "Help! Help! The trees fell on daddy!" and the kids have to help roll it off me - and then I'm lying there on the ground with my tongue hanging out.

It's really a memory spectacle for kids up to about age 7 "hoping the tree don't fall on daddy this year".

Since my youngest kid is now 7 she's figured out it's a big joke/act - but I have a 3 1/2 year old granddaughter now that thought it was awesome for her to roll the tree off Papaw...

Kevin