Blues Speed Building Blocks, Part Deux

GnLguy

Blues Newbie
My thanks to all that responded to my first post about this courrse

Due to family gathering at the 4th of July and a couple of other situations, I've only spent limited time with the course but OMG!!! I'm already seeing an improvement in my playing.

Definitely a course worth spending time with and a course that inspires a person to get to the next level!!!

TerryH

Blues Newbie
Having been persevering with this course for some time I have begun to think of it as a long term solution rather than a quick fix. It is now part of my daily practice. Just one observation: I found it was more useful once I had got past level 2 to play the licks with a metronome rather than the recorded tracks. That way I can concentrate much more on playing the notes cleanly. The recorded track tends to smooth over my bad playing. Also I can improve at my own pace spending as much time as I like on a particular speed. I still play the full solos. with the backing track, just so as not to lose the musicality.

Level 4 seems a long way away, but the improvement this course has made to my playing in general is outstanding. This might be an odd thing to say, but I have begun to think that playing faster is something anyone can do, but somehow we persuade ourselves that we can’t. Well, up to point at least!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I have begun to think of it as a long term solution rather than a quick fix.
Truer words have not been spoken, amigo! I started BSBB about 2 months ago, and am trying to work through it, taking my time, and do it right. Like you, I go to just using a metronome after playing with Griff a couple of times. That way I can be sure that I'm counting and playing what I need to play rather than just copying the maestro. After going through the BSBB routine with the licks, I then pull out a jam track and plug the licks into a song.

I got CRSB before I got this one and never really did anything with it. With the improvement that I feel I've seen in my playing with BSBB in just the last two months, CRSB will probably be the next one I go through...even before I go through CRGU.