Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

BigBear58

Blues Newbie
L->R:

2018 Epi ES-339 Pro, 2016 Taylor 114CE, 1976 Ibanez 2350 LP, 2009 Ibanez SZR520.

Fishman LoudBox Mini, Fender Mustang III (not pictured: Peavey Bandit 50W)

DFLRL0O.jpg

I have a few pedals but don't really have a board and don't practice with them much.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
L->R:

2018 Epi ES-339 Pro, 2016 Taylor 114CE, 1976 Ibanez 2350 LP, 2009 Ibanez SZR520.

Fishman LoudBox Mini, Fender Mustang III (not pictured: Peavey Bandit 50W)

DFLRL0O.jpg

I have a few pedals but don't really have a board and don't practice with them much.

Nice family! :Beer:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I took the wise advise and got a nother guitar in the same color of others. This strategy has worked well for me in the past hiding my new acquisition in plain sight of the wife without her noticing. So I put it next to the others and now I can't tell which is the new one? Dang!

View attachment 9403

Oh wait! I keep forgetting, I don't have a wife...... :Beer::Beer:
I restrung my new (to me) cherry red guitar with DR Pure Blues 10-46 and now it's really playing wonderfully!! Or, I think it was the new one that I restrung? :Beer::Beer:

I really like how the Traditional Pro has the pull up knobs that allow you to go with the single coil sound. Single coil neck pup and humbucker bridge is very cool........

Last edited:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Finally put a beater board together. Something I had wanted to do for a while. Not necessarily using mini-pedals, but using inexpensive pedals. Something to grab when I'm headed out the door to a buddy's to goof around for a while. Or, if the opportunity presents itself, something to take out that I won't be broken hearted if something happened to it. Fits in the backpack pretty nicely with room to spare for other stuff.

Guitar > Kliq Tuner > Sonicake Twiggy Blues (Comp > OD > Delay > Reverb) > Danelectro Chicken Salad Vibe > Amp. All powered by a Sonicake 5-pedal power supply. Total expenditure for the pedals and power supply was about $130, and it doesn't sound half bad.

BeaterPedalBoard.jpg

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
How did you attach the pedals to the board?
Right now it's industrial strength velcro. I'm hoping that works for a while. If it doesn't, I'll probably do something like drill some small holes in some key places, and then attach them using zip ties. I do that on another board where I'm always swapping stuff out, and it seems to work pretty well. I've got the back of the board sitting up on some old amp feet I got somewhere so there's enough clearance under it the zip ties should be fine.

Hey Snarf. I nearly pulled the plug on one of those Twiggy Blues a while ago. What do you think of it?
The more I use mine, the more I like it. I still don't dig the delay on it, but the other are effects are good. The compressor does the compression thing and works as that always on boost that I seem to like. The OD isn't my favorite, but in the mix of things, it sounds good. Also, I've read where some have compared it to a TS808. To my ear, it's a good enough OD, but it doesn't really have that TS hump to it. Mine might just be weird though. The reverb seems to give it that little oomph it needs so that it doesn't sound so dry. Overall I like it.

Since I got it a couple of months ago, I've actually toyed with the idea of, for the price of it (I think I payed $65 for mine), getting a second, and just tossing it in my gear bag and leaving it just in case whatever I'm using craps out. I'd really like to A/B it with a FlyRig some day to see how much different they are. I know the FlyRig has some extra capabilities in it, but at $300 vs $65 I'm not sure that I can justify the extra $200+ on it if I'm not playing out at all. Even if I was playing out all the time, for simple gigs, I might still prefer the Twiggy Blues. After all, at its price point, if somebody dumped their drink on it and fried it, it'd be no blood no foul I'll just get another, whereas with a FlyRig, I'd be pretty dang irritated that they ruined it.

If you decide to get one, watch it on Amazon and the Sonicake website. Their website will occasionally put up a sale code that will put it down in that $70 range. That's also how I got their new power supply. They had the power supply on introductory price (like $45), and then I got to add their discount code to give me another 35 or 40% off, so got it for like $27 shipped. They list their Twiggy Blues at MSRP which is like $110, but if you can get that percentage off, it'll put it down in that $70 range. On Amazon, I've seen the Twiggy Blues run for as low as about $60 up to about $90 depending on the moment that you happen to look at the listing (because Amazon's pricing algorithms make total sense).

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Thanks Snarf. Even though I don't play live at all, I do enjoy a good tone when I'm jamming at home, so I think I'll keep an eye out for one.(y)

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Tonight's study rig (started the new Soloing Without Scales V2.0 course). PRS S2 singlecut semi hollow, plugged into Positive Grid Bias Mini amp head driving Bose Compact L1 PA. Audio Technica ATH-M50x headphones for when the missus has gone to bed (like now).

Amp is running the "Beer O'Clock Blues" preset based on the Blues Pack upgrade. It's basically a 1x12 tweed with a Bassman style tone stack. Phat medium gain tone.

Yeah, that's me in the mirror. :Beer:

s2_study_setup.jpg

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
I'm getting reacquainted with an old friend.

fd43nano00dz1ez6g.jpg

My youngest son brought it home from out of state for his visit during the holidays and of course, I had to have some quality time with it (also with him, of course). It is a 2011 model Blues Junior NOS Lacquered Tweed amp. I previously replaced the ice picky Jensen C12N with an Eminence Cannabis Rex and put in a set of JJ 12AX7 and EL84 tubes. I gave it to him after he joined the Air Force and have often wished I had it around to play periodically.

Now is one of those times I get to do so! However, I have discovered I don't care so much for the JJ 12AX7s so I put a NOS JAN GE 5751 in V1, and a GT12AX7R in V2 which opened her up a bit more, clarity and tone wise. I normally set the master volume on 12 and use gain knob for the volume level. This allows for maximum headroom, as I prefer to use od pedals since this is all bedroom level, in home playing.

I'm glad I have these opportunities.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!