DIgital Modeling BOSS Waza-Air Headphones for Guitarists!

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Wow Looks pretty slick!

Sweetwater currently has 48 month 0% financing... these are less than $9 a month!!! Dang! [Sorry to anybody that might not have wanted to know these numbers ;-) ]

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Wow Looks pretty slick!

Sweetwater currently has 48 month 0% financing... these are less than $9 a month!!! Dang! [Sorry to anybody that might not have wanted to know these numbers ;-) ]

If I hadn’t lucked into someone here selling that Quilter head, you can guess how close I was to taking advantage of that financing. I shop local as a rule but that is over the top. :Beer:

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Wow, that's pretty awesome. A Katana in a set of headphones!
Be sure to listen to the video demo on headphones to get a better feel for the real experience.
Sounds great with a backing track. I want it.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Ummm well I have a boss katana air already and I can plug my headphones into that unit.

But this thing does a whole lot more yikes ... apparently ... just watched about 5 minutes of the video.

Plus it's only 400 bucks!

Santa gimme gimme gimme! But I think it will not be out for a while probably ...

I can already tell I am getting one.

sloslunas

NM Blues
After my exit from the Army, I got a job at the ABQ international airport ( just to support my efforts getting through the University of New Mexico). I refueled all of the major carriers, and while on the ramp headphones were a necessity. I will never ever wear anything on my ears again. I am fortunate enough to live in a place where sound is not an issue. My angel on earth (Hy) always encourages me to butcher it loud and proud no matter what hour of the day.

Steve

PS. Funny thing about this story is that I was totally deaf until age 6. That is when the miracle happened. I can now hear a pin drop from over a hundred yards away. I am not sure that is a blessing or a curse...just something that I have had to live with. In addition, my vision is almost perfect. Go figure???

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
After my exit from the Army, I got a job at the ABQ international airport ( just to support my efforts getting through the University of New Mexico). I refueled all of the major carriers, and while on the ramp headphones were a necessity. I will never ever wear anything on my ears again. I am fortunate enough to live in a place where sound is not an issue. My angel on earth (Hy) always encourages me to butcher it loud and proud no matter what hour of the day.

Steve

PS. Funny thing about this story is that I was totally deaf until age 6. That is when the miracle happened. I can now hear a pin drop from over a hundred yards away. I am not sure that is a blessing or a curse...just something that I have had to live with. In addition, my vision is almost perfect. Go figure???
Shouldn't there be something in that Post Script about a mule kick or two to the head?

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
So does this mean we have overcome the Bluetooth latency issue? You supposedly can add a Jam track. Is there a line in.? If this thing will support vocals... hmmmm.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I can see it now...
Like going to the movies with 3D glasses.
All concert goers get a set of these when they check in.

Seriously though,
I recently read a music blog about a new type of PA system that gives the audience a more immersive listening experience.
As you turn your head to look at various band members, the sound you hear reflects what you're looking at.

Last edited:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Could have sworn I heard them say Bluetooth in that video somewhere That's what kind of surprised me .

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
It might use bluetooth to communicate with the phone app, but latency wouldn't be a problem there.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I believe the phone is connected by Bluetooth, so app and backing tracks, and guitar and headphones by wireless. I would assume the backing track could be buffered to remove the latency.

At £100 I would be all over this good for home, hotels and especially our holiday hone where the houses are all close together. But having an amplifire at hone and a THR10 at he holiday home £400 is a stretch for a clever solution to a need I already have covered.

cheers

Al.

dwparker

Bluesologist
Looks as though my microcube rx is about to get replaced. I will probably be buying sometime during 2020 for travel and what have you.

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Could have sworn I heard them say Bluetooth in that video somewhere That's what kind of surprised me .

Bluetooth to the phone. That latency doesn’t matter since you would never notice if the sound in your ears was even a full second behind the phone (unless watching video). The important part is that the guitar you hear is very close in time to the guitar you play and they are using their standard wireless tech for that.

Reactions: dvs

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Connection to the guitar is bluetooth with almost zero latency.

Same thing as katana air unit that works pretty dang well.

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Connection to the guitar is bluetooth with almost zero latency.

Same thing as katana air unit that works pretty dang well.
“ Equipped with high-performance BOSS wireless technology that debuted in the Katana-Air wireless guitar amp, the WL-20 series delivers exceptional sound quality with wide dynamic range. Working in the 2.4 GHz frequency band, the optimum channel is set automatically to ensure rock-solid audio performance with absolutely no drop-outs. And with ultra-low latency of just 2.3 ms, you’ll always enjoy great playing feel with no lag whatsoever.”

I don’t think it is actually using Bluetooth for the guitar signal. Their various marketing materials are somewhat contradictory so it is hard to be certain.