Auditioning For A Band

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
A band I know is looking for a new lead player, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring.
I'm not expecting to get it because their last lead player was a kick ass 20 something that could play the pants off just about anyone.
My only hope is that they thought he over played and my "less is more" approach is what they are looking for.
The audition is an audio/video audition so I had to record three songs of their choosing and send them.
I used one of Griff's tracks (with him singing... I hope he doesn't kill me for that) on Born Under A Bad Sign.
Here's what I did kind of off the cuff...
Born Under A Bad Sign

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Sounds good to me, Mike! Some pretty tasty licks you've got going on there. Good luck on the audition.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
A band I know is looking for a new lead player, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring.
I'm not expecting to get it because their last lead player was a kick ass 20 something that could play the pants off just about anyone.
My only hope is that they thought he over played and my "less is more" approach is what they are looking for.
The audition is an audio/video audition so I had to record three songs of their choosing and send them.
I used one of Griff's tracks (with him singing... I hope he doesn't kill me for that) on Born Under A Bad Sign.
Here's what I did kind of off the cuff...
Born Under A Bad Sign

hey, either way,a t least you tried

you ever move back down here, I would be more than happy to be your rhythm guy

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Good luck to you Mike! If they know what’s good for the band, the search will end with your audition!!!:thumbup::)