Logging-in every time

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
For the past week I have had to log in every time---even though I click the "Stay Logged in" button---It is really not that hard to do, but is a nusance---kinda like blocking ROBO-CALLS on my cell phone every day.
What's up.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I asked Griff about that a few weeks ago and he told me he thought it was the result of a Java update. It's been doing that for me for about a year now.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
NOW I CAN"T EVEN EXIT BGU_Without turning off my Computer---something ain't right----I think JAVA might be drinking to much JAVA.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
There appears to be no rhyme or reason to staying logged in. Previously PC/Andriod would kick my IOS logins out and vice versa.

After the update a few weeks ago everything stayed logged in.

Then last week I was getting logged out every time on PC.

Now back to everything staying logged in, fr the time being.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Your doing better than I am buddy----This same thing went on a few months ago if I remember right----Griff needs to tell JAVA "if it ain't broke don't fix-it"... later

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Well all I can say is that mine is working just fine so y'all need to keep your problems to yourselves and away from my machine. lol

Those of you that are having problems, what browser are you using? I'm using it on Chrome 78 on Win10 version 1903. Tried it on Firefox a minute ago and it seemed to be fine there too. If it's a java issue, it makes me wonder if it's only affecting certain platforms.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Today the IOS PC one or the other thing, has returned.

Yes Chrome on both browsers, and I am too weary to start testing.

So it may be a Chrome thing, it may be a Java thing, BUT IT HAPPENS ON NO OTHER WEBSITES using the same Java and browser.

Therefore it is a Xenforo thing, most likely.

Sorry for the shouting. Feel better now. Fun Schwey Massage Meditation time.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Happens to me all the time too, but it really doesn't bother me. I use the Norton Password Vault, so when I open the Forum, it automatically populates the ID & Password. One click Easy-peasy.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Therefore it is a Xenforo thing, most likely.
You're probably right on this one being a Xenforo thing. I just figured that, since nobody had mentioned what they were using, if y'all did and realized that you were all using an outlier like Seamonkey for your browser (or something more mainstream but an older version of Chrome or Opera), that you may be able to pinpoint if it was something a little more easily addressed.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
You're probably right on this one being a Xenforo thing. I just figured that, since nobody had mentioned what they were using, if y'all did and realized that you were all using an outlier like Seamonkey for your browser (or something more mainstream but an older version of Chrome or Opera), that you may be able to pinpoint if it was something a little more easily addressed.
Just for clarification wasn't shouting at you but rather Xenforo. And Mike I don't use 3rd parties to store my data, or my passwords. Not that I need DES encryption for my BGU password. :D

Just fix it please, and give us boolean logic in the search engine, or give us death!

Really all I'm asking for is AND, OR,would be nice, and NOR better. But please give us AND or free beer :Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer::Beer:

Last edited:

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Have you tried deleting all bluesguitarunleashed.com cookies in Chrome? No guarantees, but it might help.

Settings > Advanced > Site Settings > Cookies and Site Data > "see all cookies and site data"> start typing bluesguitarunleashed in the search field to find them (mine has 15) and click on the trash can icon to delete them.