can't log in on PC

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Multiple attempts on PC 8:50 p.m. EST 11/7. Still logged in on Android. Did something change? Been here before I dread these next few weeks

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Just did a quick check. It looks like logging in on Android logs me out on my PC and vice versa.
I suspect new security measures on the Xenforo forum software only allow one logged in device per user account.

One login bumps the other. However, I've gone back and forth about five times (phone, PC, back to phone... ad nauseum) with no issues. My username and password seems to be retained on both devices and all I have to do is click (tap) login on the respective device and I'm in.

Last edited:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Thanks In fairness, I hadn't rebooted my PC so I'll find out tonight I was always able to login on Android and PC at the same time, I used to just get booted iOS and vice versa. A couple of weeks ago all login started staying and nothing got kicked out. Never had an issue before ( PC/Android) or I couldn't login on PC because I was logged in on Android. More to follow, from our investigative reporters in the field. @paparaptor have you dumped your cache yet?

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Opposite problem: PC OK, but Android a problem.

However, if I change browsers on Android then everything works.

Ah, technology! :rolleyes:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
OK, I did a little more exploring today. For disclosure, I have 4 PCs (main desktop, video rendering unit, media center in my utility building and a laptop) and my Android phone that all use Chrome as my browser. Since I heavily use my Youtube account, I keep my Google account synchronized on all devices. This includes the Chrome browser, which is pretty much all I use. I turned off the sync on the Android phone for a test and as soon as I turned off the sync, I was able to log in simultaneously from my main desktop and my Android phone. Turn the sync back on and logging in at the PC logs me out on the phone. Log in on the phone and the PC is logged out.

I didn't completely clear my cache, but I deleted associated passwords for the forum and everything else related to BGU, restarted my browser and got a clear login screen instead of the one with username and password autofilled. Entered my info and got in first time.

Last edited:

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
OK, I did a little more exploring today. For disclosure, I have 4 PCs (main desktop, video rendering unit, media center in my utility building and a laptop) and my Android phone that all use Chrome as my browser. Since I heavily use my Youtube account, I keep my Google account synchronized on all devices. This includes the Chrome browser, which is pretty much all I use. I turned off the sync on the Android phone for a test and as soon as I turned off the sync, I was able to log in simultaneously from my main desktop and my Android phone. Turn the sync back on and logging in at the PC logs me out on the phone. Log in on the phone and the PC is logged out.
I have 40+ years in IT and I still haven't a clue what you are talking about!! Good thing I'm retiring soon! :)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I have 40+ years in IT and I still haven't a clue what you are talking about!! Good thing I'm retiring soon! :)

That's why I retired. I spent almost 40 years in telecommunications, back from the old days when Ma Bell owned everything to the latest Voice Over IP technology. When it became obvious that VOIP was the next step in telecom, I felt like I had to learn a new TLA (three letter acronym) every day and I was still losing ground. After two years completely away from it, I'm sure I would be almost totally lost if I tried to dive back in.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I'm with you Jack. When I had to start writing and debugging SQL scripts in order to still be a business analyst, I knew it was time to get out. It's a developer's world we all just live in it.

By the way I hear The Skunk @paparaptor actually had a personal relationship with Ma Bell.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Temporary Resolution?

While still logged in on Andriod and IOS

Reboot No Now calling new style sheet
Reset password to same value No still can't log in PC
Clear Cache No still can't log in PC

Logged into BGU site OK with original credentials
Click on forum link from BGU site No pass thru authentication still calling new style sheet

We fixed it. Makes perfect sense :Beer::Beer::Beer: