ZZ Top cover of Rough Boy

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Hey Rocky. I hadn't heard this song before, and was expecting some 'Gimme All Your Lovin' type of stuff. So you can imagine my surprise when I hit the play button!!:ROFLMAO: That was a pleasant listen, although if I had to be honest, the drums didn't do it for me......,at all. They just don't fit. (at least to my ear) As I said, the rest of the song was a pleasant listen. I like your voice, it reminds me of Neil Young.:)

Well done.(y)

Rockybottom

Senior Bluesman
Hey Rocky. I hadn't heard this song before, and was expecting some 'Gimme All Your Lovin' type of stuff. So you can imagine my surprise when I hit the play button!!:ROFLMAO: That was a pleasant listen, although if I had to be honest, the drums didn't do it for me......,at all. They just don't fit. (at least to my ear) As I said, the rest of the song was a pleasant listen. I like your voice, it reminds me of Neil Young.:)

Well done.(y)
Thanks for the comments. I certainly take the Neil Young comment as a compliment. The drums came straight off the approved music , maybe I mixed it with them a bit too much to the front and that didn't do it for you. Thanks again. Always like to get comments of all kinds as others always hear things differently ...

artyman

Fareham UK
Great sounding track Phil, though it doesn't sound like you. See you at Driffield in a couple of weeks.

Rockybottom

Senior Bluesman
Great sounding track Phil, though it doesn't sound like you. See you at Driffield in a couple of weeks.
Been looking at the mastered mix on this and realised it sounds completely different on differing systems i.e. laptop, earphones, headphones, studio speakers...The vocals are a complex multitrack mix and seem to have been affected bu the multiple compression of mastering then export as MPEG then saving to dropbox. Might try a few alternative mixes...

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Yes, compression during the mastering stage can sometimes alter various frequencies more than others, have you got a multi-band compressor that you can solo the different frequency bands with? That can sometimes highlight which parts don't really need much compression. But great song and well done.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I have never heard the song before-I like it - pretty good production---but I do think the drums were a little distracting volume wise---it is not that they didn't match, just they were a little to much up front...