My first authentic Fender Stratocaster

Slofinger

Blues Junior
A guy I’ve been dealing with for awhile now remodeling/refurbishing guitars, and building new ones, was a bit low on cash after I built him a Flying V. He prepaid for all of the parts and paint job. So in exchange for building the V he gave me this. A 2004 Fender American Standard Stratocaster. I’ve had Squires and cheaper brands, but never the real deal. I haven’t had a chance to spend much time with it yet, but I intend to rectify that today..D42B56EA-DA91-4908-815E-C7C8C71DFDA6.jpeg

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I can't build much but, I could mow your law if you give me a guitar;)
Of course, you'd pay for my air fare and lodging so, maybe not such a good deal as you got:Beer:
Looks nice,
Enjoy

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Sweet! A '90 Am. Std. Strat was my first purchase when I decided to learn to play. :thumbup:

Slofinger

Blues Junior
Well, I got to spend some time with it and wow! This thing is sweet. When I found out he was giving it to me I looked them up on eBay to see what I could find out about them. Out of probably 100, only one was Butterscotch Blonde. So the color is pretty rare. It still had the masking on the pickguard and tremolo cover. Plus the incredible job of stainless steel frets being added to it. The fret ends and edge of the fretboard are just as smooth as the Carvin CT6 I used to have which was smooth as butter.
Yea, I’m pretty happy with it.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Strats are great axes! And, imho, even though there are a LOT of great Strat/s-type manufacturers out there, there's nothing quite like having one that says Fender on the headstock.