Miscellaneous JB on guitar collecting

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
For all the flack he takes in the press for having an opinion sometimes (even when that opinion is taken out of context), I have to say that I think he's spot on in this article from GP on guitar collecting. My 26 guitars and I totally agree with him.

“The trick with guitar collecting,” he says, “is to ask yourself, ‘If these were worth nothing at the end of the day, would I still love them and play them?’ If the answer is yes, you’re doing all right."

article in Guitar Player

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
just read that article also...and agree with everything...he seems to have a good down to earth approach...later.

cowboy

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
It's funny that this thread popped up because I was thinking the same thing just a while ago.

I came home from work a little early today and I clicked on the board and heard a cool track in the VJR and decided to jump in.

After that, I started playing to some assorted backing tracks and I alternated between four of my guitars and had a ball for a couple of hours.

When I was done, I thought to myself that each of those guitars (and others that I have), play and sound a certain way and each has it's own personality.

The article asks: "If they were worth nothing, would you keep them?" And my answer is a resounding "Yes!"

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Huh! He doesn't mention getting them all in the same color so the wife doesn't know you got a nother one....... :Beer:

That's the tip peoples! Get them in the same color so the spouse doesn't know you got a new one!! :Beer::Beer:

That's good advice if you only have a few. I started early buying what ever finish I wanted. Once I hit ten or twelve different guitars in different colors, the color was irrelevant. Come to find out though, my wife can count! :confused:

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
That's good advice if you only have a few. I started early buying what ever finish I wanted. Once I hit ten or twelve different guitars in different colors, the color was irrelevant. Come to find out though, my wife can count! :confused:
see, firs tthey started driving, then they started counting

of course, I am afraid of mine, she is from new york and she knows how to shoot a gun