Around the World I go...

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Going to a conference in Thailand next week, then stopping to visit our engineering team in China.
I was supposed to go through Tokyo, but Hagibis had other ideas, and I'm now flying east on the way out, so I'll be going 'round the world. Denver -> London -> Zurich -> Bangkok -> Shanghai -> San Francisco -> Denver.
Getting to Bangkok is going to be so painful: Denver Airport to Bangkok Airport is about 27 hours (only 21 1/2 on actual fly time though) and since I leave at 5:30pm and arrive at 9:30am local time, I get to tack on a full day on both ends.

image.png

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Hopefully Hagibis is blown out by next week. I fly to Tokyo on Tuesday evening:eek: We go direct London Tokyo so only about 12 hours.

have fun

cheers

Al.

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
Yup been there done that too, except flying out of O'Hare. It used to be a 4 hour layover at Narita going TO Shanghai, but an 8 hour layover coming home.

Use to have to get to Pudong at 5:30 am for a 7:00 am flight to Tokyo then layover until the 6:pm flight back to O'Hare. At least I was able to fly business and at that time the business and first class lounges were the same at Narita. So at least it was comfortable. They even had showers in the lounge.

Travel safe

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Made it to London so far. Nice surprise there, Swiss is a star alliance partner and my Gold status on United gets me access to their lounge, so free food, free booze and comfy chairs for my 4h layover in London. Even better since I was not expecting it.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I don't know how you guys do it. The longest flight I've ever been on was a 6 hour one and I couldn't wait to get out of the plane. :eek:

Hope your other flights go well Chris. :Beer:

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Door to door was 32 hours. I was so exhausted I didn't wake up in the middle of the night due to jetlag like I usually do. We'll see how tonight goes. I got to play tourist today and play with some elephants in the river. Conference starts tomorrow, vacation over already. I originally was supposed to get 2 days before the conference. Oh well.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Well, it was fun even though I spent too much time for work related stuff :) got a fish pedicure (little fish nibbling at your dead skin), saw a bunch of temples and buddahs, got 2 Thai massages, got to ride a boat on the river, experience rush hour public transportation and sample a bunch of the food, including street food.

Heading to China tomorrow, while Jenifer heads home. Hopefully that "only 5 hours" flight will feel short. But they'll probably lose my luggage or something (first time flying Shanghai Airlines, it doesn't have the best reputation). Shanghai is pretty familiar territory for me, been there about 10 times in the last 2 years.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Did you get the swarms of scooters on the city streets?

That was one thing I noticed on my one trip to Taiwan, plus the signage everywhere, like Times Square.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Yup seen the scooters although it's Jenifer that's pointed out the "swarm" aspect. I guess I've been to Asia enough that I don't quite notice those anymore. Taiwan probably has more scooters than cars!