Nace website issue?

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Best wishes to Art.
As I recall, Nace Amplification was his second career.
Maybe just time to kick back and relax.

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
If anybody's *dying* for a Pro-18, I'd let mine go..

Gave $1,274 for it (Art cut me a deal) - I'll take $1,000 and that includes shipping (corporate UPS and FedEx accounts).

Nice amp for bedroom recording (but I use my Fractal Audio Axe/FX for that) or for small gigs (but I don't play small gigs :) ).

Kevin

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I was one of the lucky ones who scored my Pro-18 combo for $900 when Art had his 50% sale. Best grand I think I've ever spent. :Beer:

CVTOT

Blues Newbie
Kevin, my amp has been for sale in the for sale forum for a while now. Not trying to undermine your post, just getting it back out there.

TimeZero

Blues Newbie
It's unfortunate that Art has decided to close up his shop. I question whether his amps will appreciate, however. I suppose it's possible, but from what I can see on Reverb, folks aren't buying the few that exist even at half-price and there are plenty of great options out there.

I've had a Pro-18 head for sale for ages with barely a nibble. Granted, I've been holding out for what I consider a reasonable price on an excellent amplifier, but I still suspect that the people who frequent this forum are among the few who appreciate the quality of these amps. So unless someone suddenly discovers how amazing these things are, they're probably going to continue to be undervalued despite their increasing scarcity.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It's unfortunate that Art has decided to close up his shop. I question whether his amps will appreciate, however. I suppose it's possible, but from what I can see on Reverb, folks aren't buying the few that exist even at half-price and there are plenty of great options out there.

I've had a Pro-18 head for sale for ages with barely a nibble. Granted, I've been holding out for what I consider a reasonable price on an excellent amplifier, but I still suspect that the people who frequent this forum are among the few who appreciate the quality of these amps. So unless someone suddenly discovers how amazing these things are, they're probably going to continue to be undervalued despite their increasing scarcity.

I didn't see your Nace Pro Head.
Message me., I'm looking for one.

Oh, I think I see it now $1125? That's much more than I was looking to spend.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
From my POV, Art's closeout pricing undermined the value of any used amps.
If he offers new amps at crazy deep discounts, that sets the market price for anyone wanting a sell a used one at a decent price.
Granted, they are great amps but, with such a small market awareness the majority of potential buyers have no other perspective then the price on the last one sold.
Nobody can walk into a retail shop or find one at GC at " normal" prices so, it's all about internet sales, and Art's clearance has set a low bar on price.

Last edited:

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
If he offers new amps at crazy deep discounts, that sets the market price for anyone wanting a sell a used one at a decent price.
Granted, they are great amps but, with such a small market awareness the majority of potential buyers have no other perspective then the price on the last one sold.
Nobody can walk into a retail shop or find one at GC at " normal" prices so, it's all about internet sales, and Art's clearance has set a low bar on price.

Guess I'll just have to keep mine. :whistle:

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
I have to agree with you there. I got the M1-18r at closeout only because I heard about Nace on this forum. I paid $499 with free shipping! That was $30 less than the base model of Blues Jr. I do remember thinking at the time that forum members had been paying $1200 or more not too long before that and whether they were thinking of selling them in the future or not, their amps had gone down in value by $700-$800 dollars just like that.

sloslunas

NM Blues
I have to agree with you there. I got the M1-18r at closeout only because I heard about Nace on this forum. I paid $499 with free shipping! That was $30 less than the base model of Blues Jr. I do remember thinking at the time that forum members had been paying $1200 or more not too long before that and whether they were thinking of selling them in the future or not, their amps had gone down in value by $700-$800 dollars just like that.
Just my thoughts, so take them or leave them. If you do own a Nace amp...hang onto it with both hands. Since Art is no longer in the business of making amps, these are going to get harder and harder to find. In the very near future, people are going to be willing to pay big$$$ to get their hands on one of these. Like a starving artist, the value comes to your genius when you are no longer producing your works. Sad but true. If I needed the money, I would buy every single Nace amp that I could get my hands on. Not just for the possible money gain, but these are by far the best amps I have ever had the pleasure of playing through. YMMV

Steve