Happy Birthday Griff Hamlin - October 10

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
This is one of those birthdays I relish announcing. Happy 48th birthday, Griff!

Thank you for the opportunity to know you and to discover and hone my own guitar skills due to your painstaking attention to detail and superb method of explaining even the most complex musical ideas in a way that makes sense to an old fart like me, and apparently to over 60,000 others.

Thank you for being the man behind the courses and putting yourself out there for us, rather than just being the guy on the videos.

While driving home to North Carolina this past Sunday after attending the BGU jam in New York, I realized that if not for you, I wouldn't know any of the 30+ people who were in attendance. That led to the realization that there are a couple hundred more people from other BGU events and the forum who I would not have had the pleasure to know, all because of you.

Thank you for being the person you are and for your honesty, tutelage, patience and friendship for the last 8 years I've known you. I'm a better person for knowing you.

Happy Birthday, Griff! May you enjoy many more to come. May each birthday be better than the ones before.

P.S. Today's BGU Song of the Day is a collection of 5 GHB videos

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Happy Birthday Griff! Never thought I'd ever be on a stage playing guitar and singing in front of an audience, but you made this old man's dream come true. Have a great day, my friend! :Beer:

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
Happy Birthday Griff...you have certainly done wonders for my playing ability over the past 10 years. Best instructor out there :thumbup::cool:

artyman

Fareham UK
Happy Birthday Griff, I remember meeting you at the first BGU event that I attended when you paid us a visit in the UK, it's great to be a part of this great community, and we are looking forward to your next trip across the pond.. Have a great day

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Happy Birthday Griff, and thanks for all you do!!! Hope it's a great one and you get some family time.
:Beer::Beer::Beer:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Happy birthday, Maestro! Thank you for everything that you do for this community. :Beer: