T.A.S. vs G.A.S.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Your Scores:

• Auditory: 40%
  • Visual: 30%
  • Tactile: 30%
  • That's odd. I don't feel any smarter, or should I say I don't feel any more learned.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Here's a test on learning modalities:
http://www.educationplanner.org/students/self-assessments/learning-styles-quiz.shtml

My results:
  • Auditory: 45%
  • Visual: 40%
  • Tactile: 15%
You are an Auditory learner! Check out the information below, or view all of the learning styles.

Auditory
If you are an auditory learner, you learn by hearing and listening. You understand and remember things you have heard. You store information by the way it sounds, and you have an easier time understanding spoken instructions than written ones. You often learn by reading out loud because you have to hear it or speak it in order to know it.

As an auditory learner, you probably hum or talk to yourself or others if you become bored. People may think you are not paying attention, even though you may be hearing and understanding everything being said.

Here are some things that auditory learners like you can do to learn better.

• Sit where you can hear.
  • Have your hearing checked on a regular basis.
  • Use flashcards to learn new words; read them out loud.
  • Read stories, assignments, or directions out loud.
  • Record yourself spelling words and then listen to the recording.
  • Have test questions read to you out loud.
  • Study new material by reading it out loud.
Remember that you need to hear things, not just see things, in order to learn well.
  • Auditory: 50%
  • Visual: 35%

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Although we have a few outliers, I'm seeing a trend here:

This group has a tilt towards the auditory.
If this was a brick layers forum, I suspect the results might be different.
I'm thinking if Griff is following this, he might start offering C/Ds instead of DVDs.:LOL:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Although we have a few outliers, I'm seeing a trend here:

This group has a tilt towards the auditory.
If this was a brick layers forum, I suspect the results might be different.
I'm thinking if Griff is following this, he might start offering C/Ds instead of DVDs.:LOL:
I don't know about that, most of us have substantial visual results as well

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
What's Your Learning Style? The Results
Your scores:

• Auditory: 40%
  • Visual: 30%
You are an Auditory learner! Check out the information below, or view all of the learning styles.

Seems fairly accurate. I am a better listener than talker although my wife would disagree with the good listener thing:sneaky:.

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Hmm. Maybe I should just quit trying to learn guitar and take up painting or photography or something.
Your Scores:

• Auditory: 35%
  • Visual: 55%
  • Tactile: 10%
You are a Visual learner! Check out the information below, or view all of the learning styles.

Visual
If you are a visual learner, you learn by reading or seeing pictures. You understand and remember things by sight. You can picture what you are learning in your head, and you learn best by using methods that are primarily visual. You like to see what you are learning.

As a visual learner, you are usually neat and clean. You often close your eyes to visualize or remember something, and you will find something to watch if you become bored. You may have difficulty with spoken directions and may be easily distracted by sounds. You are attracted to color and to spoken language (like stories) that is rich in imagery.

Here are some things that visual learners like you can do to learn better:

• Sit near the front of the classroom. (It won't mean you're the teacher's pet!)
  • Have your eyesight checked on a regular basis.
  • Use flashcards to learn new words.
  • Try to visualize things that you hear or things that are read to you.
  • Write down key words, ideas, or instructions.
  • Draw pictures to help explain new concepts and then explain the pictures.
  • Color code things.
  • Avoid distractions during study times.
Remember that you need to see things, not just hear things, to learn well.

On the other hand, this explains why I found learning to read music in my classical guitar course in college many years ago really easy, but I've struggled over the last 20 years to develop an ear to just learn songs by listening to them.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Mine isn't too surprising, but I had to take a ton of psychometric tests in graduate school and they usually pointed in the same general directions. One thing about these tests is that the reliability is usually not very high, so taking it again under different conditions (rested versus tired, anxious versus relaxed, thinking about learning history versus learning music, etc.) can produce pretty significant differences sometimes in the results.
  • Auditory: 45%
  • Visual: 25%
I'd like to stick around but I need to see if I can go order some more books on tape...

artyman

Fareham UK
Just done the test I'm a Visual learner
  • Auditory: 35%
  • Visual: 50%
Not sure this information is going to make any difference when I'm trying to learn a new solo