Current auctions

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Stupid question about auctions like this, but if you win something, will they ship it or do you need a proxy in the area to pick it up?
You usually have to make shipping arrangements. Sometimes the auction house will arrange it and sometimes you are on your own Fortunately this one is in my area.

Danno

Blues Newbie
Stupid question about auctions like this, but if you win something, will they ship it or do you need a proxy in the area to pick it up?
Not a stupid question at all, I wondered that same thing myself. There's a section on the page called Terms and Conditions, pertinent stuff from that:

(e) Lot Retrieval. All Lots must be removed from our premises by the Winning Bidder within thirty (30) calendar days of the conclusion of the Auction at the Winning Bidder's own expense. In-person Pick-up; Storage Fees . If you intend to pick up your items as the Winning Bidder, arrangements must be made upon your notice to us in conjunction with payment of the Total Purchase Price for the Lot. If, after thirty (30) days following your payment of the Total Purchase Price, the Lot is not removed: (A) a handling charge of eight dollars ($8.00) per day or one percent (1%) of the Total Purchase Price per month, whichever is greater, will be payable to us by the Winning Bidder, with a minimum of five hundred dollars ($500.00) or five percent (5%) of the Total Purchase Price for any Lot not so removed within sixty (60) calendar days after the Sale, whichever is greater (the "Storage Fees"); and (B) we may send the Lot to a public warehouse or storage facility, at Winning Bidder's sole risk and expense. If Winning Bidder fails to remove the Lot within one hundred and eighty (180) days following the Sale, then, in addition to the Storage Fees, Julien's Auctions shall have the right (but not the obligation) to dispose of or retain any such Lot. All costs incurred by Julien's Auctions in connection with the removal or disposal of any such Lot shall be paid by Winning Bidder within ten (10) days of our written notification to you of such costs.

Shipping . Winning Bidders are responsible for all costs to ship their items. Shipping is not included in the Hammer Price of your auction items. Please review the shipping terms for your items. Some items may be shipped directly by Julien's Auctions, or we may contract with an outside shipping company ("Shippers"), to ship your Lot to you. Please allow 2-12 weeks for the delivery of your Lot to you; delivery time is dependent upon the size of the Auction, the destination address of the Lot, and the method of transportation to deliver the Lot. Julien's Auctions and Shippers are not responsible for returned or undeliverable shipments.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I am thinking, I am only willing to bid 25% over what I would pay for used if I was seriously looking

Elio

Student Of The Blues
According to my friend the auction is the authentication. His suggestion is to buy the auction catalog, that will have the item in it and provide proof that the item came from the estate.

Good idea!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Well, I ended up increasing my low-ball bid on least expensive bass I could find (which I happened to really like) by convincing myself that I would save on shipping since I could pick it up in person. I finally bailed when it hit $1,000, which is what it sold for. That pretty much killed my bucket list dream of buying a bass owned by Walter Becker and then learning to play all of the bass parts on the "Can't buy a thrill" album on it. In retrospect, I wish I had kept bidding!