Kind of a weird gig...

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I'm not sure what your point is.
I've noticed that a few people on this forum don't like your politics and have difficulty separating an individual from his politics. It's their issue not yours. I appreciate that people can voice opinions here without having to toe the line, wherever that line is. It doesn't make you or them bad people, in my mind, its just that some people don't appreciate diversity. Without getting into politics I've liked everyone I've ever met at BGU events, including you and Steve. Just ignore their comments David and be yourself.

Eric

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Wow!! I learn something new every day...

Note to self: Be cautious of those that you INVITE over so you that can play some music, and have a good time. You do not want to get thrown under the bus by a GUEST who finds your playing below their standards. Apologize to all that you have offended, throughout the years, to atone for the grief that you may have caused them.

Steve
If I'm playing with friends and someone is weaker than me, rarely, then I play down to them, If I'm doing a real gig I expect everyone to have some level of proficiency, not excellence, but able to mostly keep and play in the groove, and to be honest if no one ever let's you know you have faults, you won't or can't correct them, I've been there and although it's painful to hear you suck, it's what drives you to be better and some day I'll get there!

david moon

Attempting the Blues

Note to self: Be cautious of those that you INVITE over so you that can play some music, and have a good time. You do not want to get thrown under the bus by a GUEST who finds your playing below their standards. Apologize to all that you have offended, throughout the years, to atone for the grief that you may have caused them.

Steve
WE have had a conversaton off line. I will just say that "inviting someone over to play some music" is a little different than inviting them to play a gig, And your last sentence makes no sense- apologize to who?

david moon

Attempting the Blues

Steve
I was asked to play based on a performance at an open mic. I played the gig. I had issues with the drummer who basically sucked. I commented on it here in an appropriate forum

is your post missing a /sarc tag

LosBassMan

"Bottom Feeding since 1996"
Life is waay too short to play with bad drummers!! A drummers job is to keep time. I would not have even gone out and played in a public spot with a bad drummer.

Carlos

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
while I agree with a ton said here, and yes, I get when playing a gig, everyone wants to do it right...........

but, unless this is your main job, we all learn and develop, whether guitar player, singer, what have you, its only been the past few months I can hold a guitar rhythm and sing somewhat of a melody, without being able to do it live, I wouldnt be this far.

Maybe this is this drummers time to learn and develop, at the end of the day, there are people I can run circles around, and, there are people that make me look like I am on page 1 day one of BBG or 5 easy solos