Albert Cummings

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Just got back from seeing him at Infinity Hall. Maybe I'm jaded, in the last month I've seen Tab Benoit. Walter Trout and John Mayall at the same venue. He didn't banter with audience, just got up and played for 2 hours. Didn't blow me away, like I said maybe I'm jaded. His vocals are great and have a similar quality to Griffs, especially in the high registers.

https://albertcummings.com/videos/

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
He sounds great in his videos. Banter is nice if it is spontaneous. Sometimes, like when I saw Samantha Fish, you can tell they use the same patter at every show and it doesn't come across as genuine. But since I'm there to hear the music I don't mind.

Eric

david moon

Attempting the Blues
He sounds great in his videos. Banter is nice if it is spontaneous. Sometimes, like when I saw Samantha Fish, you can tell they use the same patter at every show and it doesn't come across as genuine. But since I'm there to hear the music I don't mind.

Eric
Tab Benoirt bantered with the crowd and he was a truly funny guy. I don't think his "bayou blues" is a persona, I think that's who he is.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Is he playing nearby at the same tme or for the jam? That would be pretty cool if some of us could back him up.
He's playing at the Strand. Kathleen is working on some of us sitting in with him. Pro jam if you will. I don't know who's backing him up or if he's bringing a band.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Tab Benoirt bantered with the crowd and he was a truly funny guy. I don't think his "bayou blues" is a persona, I think that's who he is.
Tab is the real deal. No frills and likes to have a good time. Here he is pictured with my wife at a small bar in Kalamazoo after one of his concerts. He stops at this bar every time he's in town.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 15

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I consider that a pleasant bonus. I've never toured but when we played regular gigs I found that it gets difficult being entertaining betweens songs gig after gig if the gift of gab doesn't come naturally. Playing nightly on a tour is probably very hard in that respect. We found towards the end of my gigging days it was easier just to keep silent and go into the next song unless someone in the crowd "opened a dialog" with the band. "Canned" patter wasn't our thing. Though I saw BB King in the 1980's and again in the early 1990's and his patter was exactly the same at both shows. Even down to what he said flirting with the women in the audience. So I know the pro's do it.

Eric

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I haven't seen many live shows, but I was lucky enough to see Clapton in the '90s on his Farewell(?) Tour.

He comes out, says "Hello", immediately followed by "That's the last thing you're gonna get out of me.".

I didn't mind at all.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I saw him in a small venue here in Texas (The Guitar Sanctuary)
As you said, I don't remember him talking much, but he played great.