That Riff or Lick

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
what is the one riff, or lick that you can never seem to learn to get correct or even acceptable

For me, " Rock n Roll" Led Zepplin. The intro riff is actually pretty easy straight forward, I cannot do it, I screw it up every single time

Yet, I can make it through
"Gimme Three Steps"
" Lonely is the Night"
" If the house is a rocking" (solo only)

things at least on paper look much harder, but that one opening intro lick, I cant seem to get. I have broken it down to playing the first 2 notes ten times, then adding the third, then adding the fourth, just not happening

Jack

Blues Junior
Rock and Roll by Zep always screwed me up too, whatever beats the notes are landing on, they don't quite compute with me lol. The main riff to Crazy Train always eluded me too - are those triplets in between the chords? Ah, I never could get it to sound right.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Rock and Roll by Zep always screwed me up too, whatever beats the notes are landing on, they don't quite compute with me lol. The main riff to Crazy Train always eluded me too - are those triplets in between the chords? Ah, I never could get it to sound right.

crazy train I am fine,I suffer from flying fingers on rock n roll

maybe @Griff has some suggestions as it does seem we all have that one song

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Bill Kirchen's intro to "Hot Rod Lincoln". All the counting in the world hasn't helped me. The maddening thing is that I've been working on this off and on for (embarrassed to say) years. :mad:

If Griff ever finds a way around copy right issues, I'd love a video...;);)

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
Bill Kirchen's intro to "Hot Rod Lincoln". All the counting in the world hasn't helped me. The maddening thing is that I've been working on this off and on for (embarrassed to say) years. :mad:

If Griff ever finds a way around copy right issues, I'd love a video...;);)

Is that the live version where everyone pulls over to let him by, including the three Kings, Billie Jean King and Don King? That entire song would make a great 6 month BGU Labs challenge!