RIP: All Our Classic Rock Heroes...

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Hey Kevin--so the dude is all ready writing obituaries-whats he gonna do when he dies 1st---(ain't no garuntees on life) guess he still young and dumb enough to think he is IMMORTAL--he might be in for a a rude awakening---or maybe "NOT WAKEING"---
"75 yrs.and holding"---BCB

ronico

rainyislandblues
Great article. Seems there's always a bit of brief dusting off of the old vinyl when someone else goes. Thanks for posting!

BigMike

Blues Oldie
As a relatively young 65, gotta say, if someone offered me 75 years when I was born I would have snatched their hands off :)

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Kevin this is interesting to me from the point of view that I thought the same thing about rock and roll in the early days. Looking at the 50's and 60's up to the Beatles changing the face of rock. Many of my favorites (howling wolf, buddy holly and so on) passed as music was changing. Thanks for sharing.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Some might have good genes. My parents grew up in the depression and are alive in their 90s. But then they never toured as a rock band.

Aside from those that died young, I miss the recently departed- BB, Tom Petty.

SRV would be 64 yoday if he had lived.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Just saw John Mayall last week and he was still going strong at seventy-something. To be honest, it was a make up date for a show he had to cancel because of illness.

I saw John Mayall last November and that was a make up date due to illness, as well.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
As true rockers, they really oughta get together for one, huge last bash! Now THAT would be a party!