Random Tomfoolery

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Another garden I like.

View attachment 8602

Boy, talk about funny coincidences. I usually develop websites using Wordpress as my CMS but one I'm currently working on I've run into some serious Wordpress limitations. So rather than write my own plug-ins for Wordpress I decide to do it using Drupal as the CMS. But Drupal isn't easy to learn quickly so I signed up for a training course at OSTraining.com. Today I saw in one of the courses they have examples of websites and how to use GIMP or Photoshop to enhance your brand. It so happens that they used the "Sunken Gardens" wedding venue in St. Petersburg Florida as an example. I remembered this photo from BGU forum.

This is an example of the earlier posted Photoshop color manipulated photo and a digital camera image on auto from the course :).

stpete.jpg

sunken-gardens-st-pete.jpg

A weird coincidence since I had seen neither of these photos or even heard of Sunken Gardens before a few days ago.

Eric

Last edited:

Tom45

Blues Newbie
A weird coincidence since I had seen neither of these photos or even heard of Sunken Gardens before a few days ago.

I'm from St. Petersburg and used to live just a few blocks from Sunken Gardens. The photos you showed are not of Sunken Gardens. Check out the hills in the background. We don't have hills in central Florida.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I'm from St. Petersburg and used to live just a few blocks from Sunken Gardens. The photos you showed are not of Sunken Gardens. Check out the hills in the background. We don't have hills in central Florida.
Yeah, I did see that and it doesn't surprise me, the class was putting together a fake website using photoshop. They used Sunken Gardens as the subject probably because OSTraining is based somewhere in Florida but the pictures are probably from the internet. Another site they build in a class is for a tourist site for Sydney. Other than the Opera house the other pictures could be from anywhere. I just thought seeing the same place twice on the net was kind of humorous.

Last edited:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Yeah, I did see that and it doesn't surprise me, the class was putting together a fake website using photoshop. They used Sunken Gardens as the subject probably because OSTraining is based somewhere in Florida but the pictures are probably from the internet. Another site they build in a class is for a tourist site for Sydney. Other than the Opera house the other pictures could be from anywhere. I just thought seeing the same place twice on the net was kind of humorous.
Yeah, now I'm sure they get the pictures from the web. Here is the class I'm taking this morning on "Theming" and it has the first picture that was posted of this place:

Screenshot-2019-08-30-08-14-29.png

if I start the course you can see this time they call it "Elegant Gardens"

Screenshot-2019-08-30-08-16-15.png