Jeff's solo #3 - first take

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
I've been working on this one for a couple months off and on.  It's not perfect by any stretch, in fact it's pretty crummy, but it's up to speed and I'm keeping up, so I'm happy about that.

http://www.4shared.com/mp3/9tXr8Gc_/BGU_Solo_3_2012_01_12.html

I plan to post another version very soon, once I hammer out the kinks.  This is the hardest solo I've done yet, but it's pretty awesome and I'm learning a LOT from it.  I want to nail this one at some point.

So . . . comments, criticism, money . . . thanks for listening! 

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
That one's a tough one. Nice job overall. Sure there are a few little flubbed notes, but you can tell the work that you've put in.

okie_bb

Blues Newbie
Jeff,

Nice job on that one.  I never got that one up to full speed, and then was put to shame by Davy over it.  Just haven't found the heart to get back after it.  It's a tough piece, allright.  You're makin' good progress!  Keep it up.  That one deserves a virtual six pack!

Bruce  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Well done Jeff and all credit to you for the hard work you've put in to that one, it was great to listen to. Time to chill with a  [smiley=beer.gif]

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Jeff,

Nice job on that one.  I never got that one up to full speed, and then was put to shame by Davy over it.  Just haven't found the heart to get back after it.  It's a tough piece, allright.  You're makin' good progress!  Keep it up.  That one deserves a virtual six pack!

Bruce  [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Hey Bruce. I hope I haven't put you off doing solo3 for ever. :(  I was trying to encourage you...., honest.  Please don't hate me. :( :( ;)

Midnight

BGU Live 2015 and Vegas Pre-Jam Survivor.
A great first take. You're way ahead of me! I'm not sure my brain can hold that many notes in a row...

:)

okie_bb

Blues Newbie
Hey Bruce. I hope I haven't put you off doing solo3 for ever. :(  I was trying to encourage you...., honest.  Please don't hate me. :( :( ;)
[/quote]

Davy,

No hatred at all, bro.  Just kiddin' around and makin' excuses!  You've still got nothing but my deepest admiration. [smiley=beer.gif]

Bruce  :cool:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Davy,

No hatred at all, bro.  Just kiddin' around and makin' excuses!  You've still got nothing but my deepest admiration. [smiley=beer.gif]

Bruce  :cool:[/quote]

I know bro. :) :)

I still want to hear solo3 before too much longer. :)

Lefty Jeff

A little blues rosetta
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.  It's funny.  Some days, I can play this solo fairly well, then the next day my fingers go all over the place and I fumble everywhere. 

The hardest part of this solo for me is triplet 5th fret on the 1st and 2nd strings in bar 4, and the 5-5-8 in bar 6.  I just have a brain cramp and can't hit that smoothly. 

I find it much easier to play different frets than the same fret in quick succession, if that makes any sense.

falconer

Blues Newbie
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.  It's funny.  Some days, I can play this solo fairly well, then the next day my fingers go all over the place and I fumble everywhere.

Hey!  I thought I had the market cornered in that regard.   ;)

Seriously, it's definitely strange how the fingers just have their off-days.

Nice job!

johnc

systematic
That's great work Jeff, timing is pretty well there, those little stumbling areas will be tidied up soon for sure.  Just go back and slow them down with many accurate repertitions and you will get it at speed.  Thanks for posting