Lyric Pad Help

patb

Blues Junior
Downloaded Lyric Pad (paid $4.95) to my BN Nook Android from Google play as that seems to be the only way to purchase it. When I try to open it it pops up a message about "write external storage". I have no idea what this means or how to enable it. It also seems the only way to bring up the icon is through google.
Thanks,
Pat

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Downloaded Lyric Pad (paid $4.95) to my BN Nook Android from Google play as that seems to be the only way to purchase it. When I try to open it it pops up a message about "write external storage". I have no idea what this means or how to enable it. It also seems the only way to bring up the icon is through google.
Thanks,
Pat
I'm not sure which version of the Nook you are using but my wife ran out of internal memory and had to put an SD card in hers. I used these directions to get her up and running. This is the part that I had to do in those directions:

Using adoptable storage on most Android devices becomes an option once you pop in an SD card, but on the NOOK it’s hidden just a bit. To enable it, first plug in your microSD card of choice, then head into the settings, followed by “Storage & USB.” After that, tap the SD card’s name, tap the SD card settings, then select “Format as Internal.” From there simply follow the on-screen prompts and the tablet will format the SD card and treat it as internal storage from that point onward.

I don't know if that will help, but other than setting up two factor authentication for icloud, the Nook has been easy for her to use.

Eric

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I use a standard Android tablet, so I'm not sure if this will help, but I've had nothing but trouble trying to get LyricPad (and most apps) to work with "external Media" (SD card). It has worked 100% when using the built in memory. I'd try freeing up some memory and see if that helps.

artyman

Fareham UK
I use Lyric Pad and I think I recall something about a problem with the Android system in allowing files to be written to that are on an SD card. Are the default directories set up to point to the internal memory.

patb

Blues Junior
I have installed Lyric Pad and Lyric Search. Now to download lyrics with chords. I can down load from Ultimate Guitar but the chord placements are questionable. I cannot seem to download from Country lyrics .com or Classic Country.
Editing the chords for plac ement is time consuming.
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Pat

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I mostly use Ultimate Guitar.
One thing you HAVE to do is in the "code" you create for LyricPad, you HAVE to use the monospace line. It ensures that each character uses the same amount of space (a space or a period takes the same amount of real estate as a W).
Here's a sample of one of mine:

@!title Big Boss Man
@!artist Kentucky Headhunters
@!duration 03:38
@!lfont35
@!font monospace
@!mp3 Big Boss Man-Backing

artyman

Fareham UK
I find it's easier to prepare the txt files on the PC and then upload them to my tablet. I usually just grab the lyrics and paste them into the document and then add my chords in the appropriate place.

patb

Blues Junior
I mostly use Ultimate Guitar.
One thing you HAVE to do is in the "code" you create for LyricPad, you HAVE to use the monospace line. It ensures that each character uses the same amount of space (a space or a period takes the same amount of real estate as a W).
Here's a sample of one of mine:

@!title Big Boss Man
@!artist Kentucky Headhunters
@!duration 03:38
@!lfont35
@!font monospace
@!mp3 Big Boss Man-Backing

OK . How and where do I create the "code"

patb

Blues Junior
I find it's easier to prepare the txt files on the PC and then upload them to my tablet. I usually just grab the lyrics and paste them into the document and then add my chords in the appropriate place.
How do I upload to the tablet?

artyman

Fareham UK
Use a USB cable to attach your tablet to the PC it should show up in File Explorer, just pick the correct folder, then copy and paste. Heres an example file for Folsom Prison Blues. You can find documentation under 'Help' or from the website http://www.lyricpadapps.com/index.php/documentation

Hope you find that useful.

@!title Folsom Prison Blues
@!genre Blues
@!lfont30
@!font monospace
@!duration 02:30

E
I hear the train a coming it's rolling round the bend
E7
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when
A E
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps dragging on
B7 E
But that train keeps rolling on down to San Antone

E
When I was just a baby my mama told me Son
E7
Always be a good boy don't ever play with guns
A E
But I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die
B7 E
When I hear that whistle blowing I hang my head and cry

@!60
SOLO:
<E
I hear the train a coming it's rolling round the bend
E7
And I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when
A E
I'm stuck at Folsom Prison and time keeps dragging on
B7 E
But that train keeps rolling on down to San Antone>

E
I bet there's rich folks eating in a fancy dining car
E7
They're probably drinking coffee and smoking big cigars
A E
But I know I had it coming I know I can't be free
B7 E
But those people keep a moving and that's what tortures me

@!120
E
Well if they freed me from this prison if that railroad train was mine
E7
I bet I'd move on over a little farther down the line
A E
Far from Folsom Prison that's where I want to stay
B7 E
And I'd let that lonesome whistle blow my blues away

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
OK . How and where do I create the "code"
Any text editor. The list of codes is in the users guide, but if you just copy, paste and modify the codes I gave you you should be fine to start. As Artyman said, it's easier to edit them on a PC. I keep my LyricPad files in sync between my PC and Tablets using Dropbox to hold the files and Dropsync to sync them between devices. That way when I edit them on my PC all I have to do is run DropSync on my tablet and everything stays in sync.