Electric Guitars PRS SE Custom 24

Bob630

Blues Newbe
Any thoughts pro or con about this guitar? I talked with the folks at Sweetwater and they said if I decide to buy one they would be willing to deal on the listed price.

Randy S

Blues Junior
No but I have found myself with a serious yearning for one. The new Paul's guitar model looks pretty nice too. If you do get one post a review.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
858E94B4-DC4C-4B5A-970D-07AE4F85EF01.jpeg I have had mine for a few years and love it. I also have a strat and an Epi 339. Each one has its strong points and probably rotate playing each just about equally. The PRS is just so easy to play and feels the most comfortable to me. There are times that I just need that 339 sound and the PRS, as versatile as it is, just can’t get that sound and feel of the 339. The strat...well, it’s a strat! I would just suggest trying out the PRS and make sure you like it. It’s a great guitar, especially for the price compared to the higher end PRS guitars.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
PRS SE’s are some of the best lower priced guitars I have come across, for a humbucker styled guitar.

If you are a Fender guy like me, then Squier Classic Vibe is the way to go.

You may look at the PRS CE, or the PRS S1 series, both of which are made in USA. Fewer corners are cut, so they sound better than the SE, but the SE sounds as good as anything besides a PRS USA made guitar.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I have a PRS singlecut Trem, A McCarty a SE Chris Robertson and a S2 Single cut semi-hollow, the SE and S2 models play just as nicely as the regular models

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I think the Vintage Sunburst in the Custom 22 or the Trampas green quilted maple the custom 24. I haven’t made up my mind yet. What a pain to have to make decision. LOL.

Either way, you'll have a winner. I recently bought a CE24 in Trampas Green. It's my first PRS and it's quickly become my favorite guitar. They just feel right and sound great! I was looking at the SE Custom 24, but just happened upon a great deal on the CE24.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
I just watched a video on YouTube about the SE Custom 24 and I was quite impressed with the amount of hand work and attention to detail that goes into that guitar.

It has a 3-piece maple neck as opposed to solid maple, but I believe that laminate necks are more stable than solid so that's a non-issue.

The body is mahogany with a maple top and they use a flame veneer for the "pretty part" as opposed to a solid piece of flame maple (again a non-issue in my opinion).

But it was all the details such as the wood prep, bindings, fretwork and finishing that impressed me.

The street price for these is around $800.00 but they seem to be built as if they were selling for twice that.

I say "go for it" and don't think twice about it! :)

Bob630

Blues Newbe
I just watched a video on YouTube about the SE Custom 24 and I was quite impressed with the amount of hand work and attention to detail that goes into that guitar.

It has a 3-piece maple neck as opposed to solid maple, but I believe that laminate necks are more stable than solid so that's a non-issue.

The body is mahogany with a maple top and they use a flame veneer for the "pretty part" as opposed to a solid piece of flame maple (again a non-issue in my opinion).

But it was all the details such as the wood prep, bindings, fretwork and finishing that impressed me.

The street price for these is around $800.00 but they seem to be built as if they were selling for twice that.

I say "go for it" and don't think twice about it! :)

I watched the same video yesterday afternoon. It was impressive. I have a lot to do today, so if not today then tomorrow.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
I was a fender guy then morphed into gibson guy. The strat is gone just gibsons.

But well my beautiful gibsons are no longer the cat pajamas.

The prs se custom 22 and 24s are very nice. I have a prs se schizoid man ( king crimson special ) but its slightly different ( it has mahogany neck not maple ) than those.

To me it makes sense to go 24 even if you never ever use those frets. You get the owl inlay on fret 24 ha ha!

It really changes not much maybe 24 gives slightly improved access to frets most of us rarely use.

The new 85/15s are very nice.

The s2 model range ( prs s2 custom 24 ) are also worth considering.

Once you go prs its hard to put down that guitar?

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
I have a 2016 PRS S2 Standard Satin Black and love it. I haven't been playing it much lately but still love it. I've been spending a lot of my time lately with my Michael Kelly and my Firefly :cool: