A week to go til Kalamazoo Blues Festival

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Never piss off the sound people I'm told.
The band I was in were all seasoned musicians (except for me). I did sound for the band but the first gig we played with a house sound man (The Dawg House in Fraser, MI) the guys all pitched in $5 and had me tip the sound guy the $20 before we set up for our set (we were the second of 3 bands). Insider information I was glad to learn.... more than one person said we sounded the best of the 3 bands :Beer:.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I've gone back and forth on that many times. I need my turner pedal and couldn't see that either. :mad:
In a case like that, have the keyboard play an 'A' and tune using your ears. Electronic tuners are great but tuning by ear is a skill that comes in great for situations like this. (once the keyboard player is set up, of course :rolleyes:)

Eric

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
In a case like that, have the keyboard play an 'A' and tune using your ears. Electronic tuners are great but tuning by ear is a skill that comes in great for situations like this. once the keyboard player is set up, of course :rolleyes: ()

Eric
We're going to address that at practice tomorrow. :whistle:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
The cardboard from a 12 pack of beer and some duct tape, or the cardboard from the bottom of a soda case and 3 pencils make a great sun shade.
Now where are you going to find cardboard from a 12 pack of beer at a blues festival? You don't get out much, do you. Beer at a blues festival, really. Sheesh. Next thing you'll be telling me is that there is beer at a BGU live event.