Where can I buy single D’Addario strings??

BlindAlBino

Blues Newbie
I am currently using D’Addario EXL110 - 3D Regular nickle wound strings and broke the top E string, and I am having no luck finding a .10 replacement SINGLE string. Very irritating!

aleclee

Tribe of One
Unless it’s a bad string that breaks when first putting them on, I generally interpret a string break as a sign that it’s time for a new set.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
most music stores will sell singles...usually a $1+ per string...

but I agree with aleclee, probably time to replace the entire set...

if you check out "Strings and Beyond" you can get a 10 pak for $42.99....and free shipping on $35 and over...I usually wait for a 20% off sale and load up...I've also see them on sale at MF for a good price...my idea of a good price is $3.50 or less per set...I figure by the time I've driven to the store and bought a single string, its cost me about the same...gotta love new strings...later.

cowboy

Elio

Student Of The Blues
most music stores will sell singles...usually a $1+ per string...

but I agree with aleclee, probably time to replace the entire set...

if you check out "Strings and Beyond" you can get a 10 pak for $42.99....and free shipping on $35 and over...I usually wait for a 20% off sale and load up...I've also see them on sale at MF for a good price...my idea of a good price is $3.50 or less per set...I figure by the time I've driven to the store and bought a single string, its cost me about the same...gotta love new strings...later.

cowboy
I get my individual strings from juststrings.com. I usually buy a pack of 12 bulk strings for about $3 and don't worry about the brand.

Although I've gotten much better at it, I have had times that learning/practicing something new with a lot of repetitive bends on the high E results in a break on a relatively new set of strings. I always keep some bulk high E strings around just in case one breaks in practice or at a jam when it's not practical to change the complete set. I've actually given one to other guys at the last couple jams I've been to.

Last edited:

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
I have had times when
Although I've gotten much better at it, I have had times that learning/practicing something new with a lot of repetitive bends on the high E results in a break on a relatively new set of strings. I always keep some bulk high E strings around just in case one breaks in practice or at a jam when it's not practical to change the complete set. I've actually given one to other guys at the last couple jams I've been to.

know the feeling...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...but not much of an issue now...probably cause I don't play enough...:eek::eek::eek:...later.

cowboy

BlindAlBino

Blues Newbie
well, in that case. I will just use the high E from a set of Slinky's I never used! Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated!

aleclee

Tribe of One
Gilmour fanboy that I am, I do my share of three-semitone bends but on my current stable of guitars a string is more likely to break on me when restringing than while bending. Might want to check your saddles for burrs. Next time you have the strings off, try rubbing a cotton ball or Q-tip across the saddle and see if anything snags.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
After you have a set of spare extra single high e strings they stop breaking.

I had a 3 or 4 month period where i broke 3 then after buying a 5 pack maybe 6 pack of spare singles it stopped hasnt happened since.

Karma somehow knows if you have spares.

B60551FE-06B2-4881-AD90-2E84CEBD98BC.jpeg

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
After you have a set of spare extra single high e strings they stop breaking.

I had a 3 or 4 month period where i broke 3 then after buying a 5 pack maybe 6 pack of spare singles it stopped hasnt happened since.

Karma somehow knows if you have spares.

View attachment 8383

Karma and Dogma.
You are more likely to be bitten in the arse by your own Dogma. ;)