Keep your pets safe...

sloslunas

NM Blues
I have always been a pet owner. But, I have really come to really dislike fireworks over the years. It is an absolutely terrifying time of the year for our furry friends. There are many things that you can do to alleviate their trauma. Please follow the advice given by others. Last night they were so loud and powerful I thought our windows were going to break. Please take the time to really think about your neighbors and all of the pets in your neighborhood. You may get your rocks off by hearing all of those loud explosions...trust me...your neighbors and their pets DO NOT!! Please show some restraint and be respectful of your neighbors...

Steve

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Our horses are pretty well used to the noises after going through summer thunderstorms in South Florida, but when we were down there, Maurette had a couple horses boarded that were really skittish. One big Friesian actually had a heart attack and died (according to the vet) from a particularly severe overnight thunderstorm.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Been home since a 3 week vacation ended Saturday and every nite some idiots shoot off fireworks and our schnoodle runs for his bed and shakes like a leaf in the wind. Infuriating.!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I felt so bad when the two Salukis we had would curl up in the closet behind the hanging clothes.
They would get the shakes and like crazy all day and night.

I'm lucky that my current dog isn't disturbed by fireworks.
I hear the neighbor's dogs are howling now.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I have always been a pet owner. But, I have really come to really dislike fireworks over the years. It is an absolutely terrifying time of the year for our furry friends. There are many things that you can do to alleviate their trauma. Please follow the advice given by others. Last night they were so loud and powerful I thought our windows were going to break. Please take the time to really think about your neighbors and all of the pets in your neighborhood. You may get your rocks off by hearing all of those loud explosions...trust me...your neighbors and their pets DO NOT!! Please show some restraint and be respectful of your neighbors...

Steve

Great advice! Our cat (Gracie) has been hiding under the bed for the last hour.:(

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Millie the dog goes downstairs to a bed she has under my desk, same as she does during storms, the Parrots don't seem to notice anything unless it's moving outside.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
66459501_2202313963223713_3110193781350072320_n.jpg