Martin 12 string D12X1AE at Goodwill

david moon

Attempting the Blues
This showed up this evening.D12X1AE Martin 12 string with solid spruce top and pickup. The back and sides are laminate. Reviews are excellent. I took a pass because I have a 12 string. Tomorrow if it's still there I can get a 10% senior discount.

The guitar has a pickup but no controls (volume, tone) so I guess you rely on the sound man or your amp settings for that.

It's 679 at Sweetwater, 300 at Goodwill.Hard to pass up. If someone wants me to pick it up for them and deliver at the NE jam, that would work.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
This showed up this evening.D12X1AE Martin 12 string with solid spruce top and pickup. The back and sides are laminate. Reviews are excellent. I took a pass because I have a 12 string. Tomorrow if it's still there I can get a 10% senior discount.

The guitar has a pickup but no controls (volume, tone) so I guess you rely on the sound man or your amp settings for that.

It's 679 at Sweetwater, 300 at Goodwill.Hard to pass up. If someone wants me to pick it up for them and deliver at the NE jam, that would work.
It was gone today.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
Sweet/Good… I saw this yesterday and I was considering it… But then I remembered I struggle with 6 strings let alone 12… NIce save!

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
The Martin "X"- series guitars are pretty good.

I have the DX1AE (six string).
It's solidly built.
The neck is sturdy, the Richlite fingerboard is very smooth and the sound is very full and rich. I call mine my "Wish You We're Here" guitar because it sounds very authentic when I play that tune.

For the money it's a great bargain and despite the economical construction, it's every bit a Martin.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I checked it last night when I saw your post and it was gone already then. :( Thanks for mentioning Goodwill. I always forget to look there.
I got a keyboard. a full drum kit, and a low end electronic drum kit at Goodwill. Oh- and my $125 Samick Strat with case. I pass by on the way to/from work and stop in often. Also a great source for books if you want to pay $2 for a hardcover that cost +$20 when it came out. CDs used to be $3 and now they are 2. Mine also has a rotating color code where if the tag on your item is the same as this week's color, it's half price.

also a 10% discount for seniors on Wed. Another reason I didn't pull the trigger on Tuesday.