Electric Guitars Damn you Musician's Friend SDOTD!

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Same guitar I just fixed the nut on. I was thinking of selling it. It plays pretty nice now, so I don't know.

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Mine isn't light. About the same as my yellow pine Squier Classic Vibe Vintage Blonde tele. Not excessively heavy.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
According to my wife I've already exceeded my signing authority for this month, but that ASAT tempts me every time it comes around.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
In the Northeast I don't think we have ashes in damp or swampy areas. From cutting and splitting firewood, it is a hardwood comparable to oak. Don't they make baseball bats out of ash?

Bernie Fitz

Blues Junior
There is an ash known as Black Ash (Fraxinus Nigra) that tolerates wetter areas in the Northeast but I don't know what Fender calls "Swamp Ash"? Could be another tree entirely ad maybe not an "ash" at all. For instance red maple and silver maple are both sometimes referred to as "Swamp Maple". Baseball bats used to be more commonly made from White Ash (Fraxinus Americana). Common names for trees and other plants can be confusing.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I always have to think twice when I see them put these G&Ls show up on the SDOTD. I really thought about this one, but Mrs Snarf looking over my shoulder with that look that says "go ahead I dare you" made me move my finger off the cart button. I recently rearranged the music room, because I was way out of room to put anything, and her drums got taken down and stacked in the guest room. So she let me know that I'm on a sell-something-to-buy-something mandate at the moment...if something comes in, then something needs to go out first.

Some of you guys act like you can take it with you! :)...
So you're saying that there won't be a luggage rack on the hearse they haul me in? What's up with that?!? I'll just have to do like that lady in San Antonio did when I was a kid and have them bury me in my Ferrari. Course I'd have to get a Ferrari first. :ROFLMAO:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
There is an ash known as Black Ash (Fraxinus Nigra) that tolerates wetter areas in the Northeast but I don't know what Fender calls "Swamp Ash"? Could be another tree entirely ad maybe not an "ash" at all. For instance red maple and silver maple are both sometimes referred to as "Swamp Maple". Baseball bats used to be more commonly made from White Ash (Fraxinus Americana). Common names for trees and other plants can be confusing.

From the Wood Database: https://www.wood-database.com/swamp-ash/
"The term 'Swamp Ash' does not refer to any particular species of ash (Fraxinus genus), but is generally used by luthiers to describe lightweight wood yielded from ash trees which are usually found in wet or swampy areas."