BGU Solo3

black_sheep

Blues Newbie
Hi,

I would like to present my first recording which is now possible because I have just bought a UGM96 PC interface.  I have never ventured this far down the forum but looking around I'm defiantly going to spent more time here.

Enough talking the playing needs a bit more polishing and if you do take the time to listen, thanks.....and I will start returning the favour. 

http://www.4shared.com/audio/nGUzKTBq/BGU_Solo3.html

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
#3 is challenging, but good job breaking it out as a 1st recording post.  [smiley=beer.gif] Do we get to hear solos 1 and 2 next?

Trip on down to the basement ( the Virtual Jam room ), it's a great place to listen, get tips, and polish up your licks. 

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Steve - great job!  As you say, needs some polish and a few measures here and there need some attention (triplets need to be practiced); but there's a lot of good going on there!

I'd love to hear solo 1 & 2 as well!

:cool:

black_sheep

Blues Newbie
Thanks guy's for taking the time and I have taken your comments constructively.

As I said it’s my first recoding and what I thought was fine previously is not when played back it defiantly highlights warts and all.  I know I'm talking to the converted but 'Hey' what a reality check.

Solo's 1&2 coming shortly.......

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
Excellent for being unpolished. I thought you did pretty good on the dreaded triplets.(which I have been practicing for over a year and a half!!!GRRRRRR!!)
Not too much left to shine this one up.

johnc

systematic
That's a great job Steve on your first recording.  It's a fairly tough little solo to keep it tight and smooth but yeah you are well on the way with it. Try and stick with recording your efforts as you should now understand the immense benefits of doing so.
Other than what the other guys said, some of the bends just falling a little short of pitch, but good feel and timing allround.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Nicely played in time Steve. Recording is probably the best thing we can do to figure out what we need to improve.The guys have said it, you've heard it not get back in there. You've just finished round one and the bell just rang for round two.

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Good first recording on a difficult solo Steve.  You know what you need to work on & it'll get better & better.  Recording & putting it out there is one of the best things you can do to improve so keep them coming. 

black_sheep

Blues Newbie
Thanks guy's,

You are right in I know what is wrong but with you highlighting the same thoughts it makes me want to go back and work on it a more. Especially the bends.

Unfortunately I have an abscess under my right arm which will stopping me practising for a short while.  Never had one before and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Your comments are appreciated it keeps my feet on the ground as I am a newbie to guitar.......

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
A newbie to Guitar and your first recording is solo 3??? I'm impressed Steve. [smiley=beer.gif]  Needs a little bit of work as folks have mentioned and I think there may be a string out of tune in there somewhere, but in the grand scheme of things those are very small details.  Great effort for a first recording. Well done.  You may be a newbie to guitar, but would I be right in assuming you play some other instrument?

I too would like to hear solos 1+2 so I hope your abscess clears up soon. :)