Points and a Two-Tone paint job!

aleclee

Tribe of One
Depending on the end price, total cost with shipping might not be bad. I’d consider this if I was playing guitars with headstocks. Always wanted an explorer-style guitar.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Love the camera angle in that first shot; framed perfectly.

Hey, I recently sold some gear where the buyer paid over $400 in shipping, which was far more than the price of the actual gear. They needed it fast and fast costs $$.

Priorities, folks! :whistle::Beer:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Heck, it costs that much to ship a guitar coast-to-coast unless you can get a discounted rate or not get insurance. The guy's got a 100% rating, so it shouldn't be much risk. Cool-looking guitar!

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
$120 shipping from Japan? No problem......... I was just looking at a Gibson Explorer that is in North Carolina and the guy will only ship air (I asked him). Shipping to Reno NV? US $372.54. It suffices to say that I'm not real interested in that guitar. :Beer:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Recently I've paid $50 for shipping on guitars purchased in the contiguous US states. I think the driver for the rate is the size not the weight. From outside the US I don't know if there would be any issues with customs or additional duties. I've just never done it.

I've never needed to pay a premium for "next day". USPS or Fedex or UPS Ground work fine.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Yes, the box size is the issue. If you're selling on Ebay, you can get discounted shipping rates that make it reasonable (around $65 max). But if you go to FedEx or UPS and get a price for a 50x20x8 box weighing about 15 lbs., Ground is $115-120 coast-to coast and that's without any declared value or signature confirmation. :eek: