Hello from Gresham, Oregon

Papa J

Blues Newbie
Looking forward to being able to play anything that sounds like music instead of just notes! Bought my first guitar in July 2018 and have been stumbling along ever sense. Sitting Easy Blues is kicking my butt trying to play the 1/8th(?) notes.

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, make yourself at home.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the forum! I have to warn you that with some of the enablers on this forum, you might be tempted to get another guitar (and another, and...) real soon. Mostly kidding. Some of us do love our gear, but we're here for the music first and foremost. Great community.
I lived in Oregon for 10 years (OSU alumnus) but didn't take up music till much later, I do go back there regularly (family in Lake Oswego and Salem) so maybe I can buy you a beer some day!

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Another Papa!!!!!! This place is starting to sound like a retirement home!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Welcome Papa. Enjoy the journey.(y)

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum Papa J. Hang in there and those 1/8 notes will eventually fell like nothing.

TerryMay

Blues Newbie
Welcome Papa, I also have just started the beginners course, yes it is tuff, specially that counting, you might try Griff"s instruction, writing the count below the notes, I know this has helped me, Good Luck.

Papa J

Blues Newbie
Welcome to the forum! I have to warn you that with some of the enablers on this forum, you might be tempted to get another guitar (and another, and...) real soon. Mostly kidding. Some of us do love our gear, but we're here for the music first and foremost. Great community.
I lived in Oregon for 10 years (OSU alumnus) but didn't take up music till much later, I do go back there regularly (family in Lake Oswego and Salem) so maybe I can buy you a beer some day!
I'm not sure it is the forum as in less than a year I have six guitars! Oh and I can't really play a song yet!
Let me know when you will be in the area again and I'll try to get some time off to have a pint with you...I'll buy as your the visitor.
Oh and fair warning I'm a Duck fan! As an Oregonian I root for both teams until they play each other. Both women's BB teams made it to the sweet 16!!