Hello from Shelton, Connecticut.

MikeGamby

Blues Newbie
Just thought I'd pop in and give the all access pass a test run. Been a fan of Griff's youtube channel for a while now. I really enjoy how he explains things. I've been to the site before, but never realized there was a subscription option until I saw it mentioned in one of his videos. Looking forward to poking around the site and developing a solid practice routine.

Bit of a background.
Married, 2 kids....(one starting highschool next year and the other one starting college).
Finally picked the guitar back up a few years ago after a long hiatus to family life. Been a noodler all my life never really playing in bands except back in high school during the 90's playing alt rock & metal. As I got older, I started appreciating the blues. Not so much old school blues (i still have much respect for it) but more along the lines of blues/rock like Gov't Mule. I consider myself an intermediate player. Not great, but not bad either :)

I used to be a member of LearningGuitarNow which is a great site and I highly recommend it. John Tuggle is a great instructor. I know i'll eventually go back to the site, but I really wanted to test the water and see what this site has to offer.

Cheers
~Gamby

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, you will get plenty of advice and encouragement on here from a great bunch of folk. Take a wander down to the basement and check out the Virtual Jam Room where you can join in with some of us reprobates noodling around.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Gamby Welcome to BGU and the All Access Pass. It's great deal, especially if you are interested in permanently acquiring some of Griff's courses... You can't beat it... I'm sure you are gonna have fun and will likely be around long term...

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
... adn don't forget all the live events... and recordings of the live events... you are gonna be busy!

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Welcome to the forum Mike! I think you'll find that having a difference in perspective really helps. I myself do quite a bit of study via Truefire, but I find Griff's take on things often clarifies things that I may have been struggling with in those other studies. I'd also second looking into the annual all-access pass. You'll find the benefits of the Golden Ticket will allow you try everything and then pick up those courses you really like over the year. I've found it to be a good deal.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Welcome from the NW Corner (New Hartford). I work at Sikorsky so I pass by
Shelton every day. There a few other Nutmeggers here.