R.I.P. Chuck

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I was driving home tonight and saw a big ass red moon in front of me. I believe in order to qualify as a Blood Moon, it needs to be an eclipse. I've seen sunsets like this but I've never seen the moon rise like that before. Interesting coincidence.

Chuck ( you could never be a Charles ) I'll miss your smile, your warth, the laughter in your eyes, your sense of humor, and most of all your common sense, salt-of-the-earth personality.

How do you measure a man? I'm reminded of what the Wizard told the Tin Man. A heart is not measured but how much you love, but rather how much you are loved by others. In that regard Chuck was a giant among men.

Last edited:

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
Sad day....
Never met Chuck but had many interactions online and through the forum. Condolences to so many of you who have lost a dear friend.

gpower

Blues Junior
No words can describe the empty feeling I have reading this sad news. Chuck and I both joined BGU forum day 1 and he was the first member I had the pleasure of chatting with. Since then we'd chatted about many things and I considered him a friend. He'll be sorely missed... My condolences to his family, and friends.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Like many others, I never had the pleasure of meeting Chuck, but I still feel the loss of his passing.
My condolences to his family and the many people that knew and loved him.

ChazInFlint

They call it the Blues, but I can't stop smiling!
10 years ago (where did the time go) when I joined the forum I was having issues with one of the more rowdy forum members (LP\Lame Pinkey--if you been around that long you'll know my plight) Chuck resolved the issue and me and LP actually became forum friends. Chuck, at that time was regularly posting about this blues guitar player with a weird name "Joe Bonamassa." I finally checked the guy out and the rest is history...been to two concerts, have most of his CDs and many DVD...Thanks Chuck for time you spent moderating the forum and the posts that always added something positive to the conversations.

Alexander Blue

Surfers Rule !!!
Very, very sad to hear of Chuck's passing. He helped me many times while I was active on site. God Bless to family and friends. It is a lesser world without you Bro

deejaid

Blues Junior
So sad to hear. I never met Chuck but being he was a moderator he was a constant here on the forum, just new he’d be around when I’d log on. He was always helpful and seemed like a real nice guy.

Condolences to his family.

Stonedroid

Blues Newbie
My deepest condolences to Chuck's family & loved ones. I hope they take great comfort from the yeoman's work he did for BGU & the tremendous gratitude we all feel for benefitting from his tireless work. R.I.P. Bob S.

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
I can't find the words to express my sadness at Chuck's passing. I was lucky enough to be able to hang out with him at many BGU events and even got to be in his band at the Memphis BGU Live. He was just about the finest person I ever met and I consider it a great blessing to have known him. Love you and miss you dearly my friend.

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
I've been away the past year and first time logging in. I had no idea Chuck was even ill ...im sure I'm not alone on that and i also never got to meet him. But you didnt have to meet Chuck to know him to be genuine. He was always there to help even before he became a mod, we exchanged tracks a few times and he gave me not only ideas, but motivation. Just an all round likeable guy.
Rest in peace , Chuck.

TonyS

Blues Newbie
I heard from Chuck's daughter that Chuck passed peacefully early this morning holding his wife's hand with his family by his side.

Chuck was a great man and one of my best friends in this world, I'll miss him terribly and this forum owes him a debt of gratitude for his relentless enthusiasm for all things BGU.

Griff
It's very sad news. Although we never met I corresponded quite a bit with Chuck. Lovely man and will be greatly missed.