Acoustic Guitars Gretsch Reso

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
There's a Japanese dollar store next door to my local GC. So 2 weekends ago, Mrs Snarf decides she needed some cheap stuff for the kitchen that comes in packaging that we have no idea what it says. She wanted me to go with her, so I made her a deal. "I'll go with you to the Daiso, but you have to go with me to the GC too."

Long story short, after wandering around the GC for a bit, we wander into the acoustic room. She spots one of those Gretsch Resonators on the wall and quickly pulled it down and told me to play it. I spent maybe 5 minutes with it, and she starts asking if I needed to take it home - which is always a dangerous question. I told her no. We finally left the GC without me spending anything. Then she asked me several times in the Daiso if I wanted to go back and look at the resonator again. Then, on the way home, she comes out with "I think you need to get that guitar. If you remember right, ever since we went to hear Griff play in Allen and I heard that guy that played before him (his name was Kirby Kelley) playing slide, I've told you that you needed a slide guitar and need to learn to play like that."

So, who am I to argue with that logic. I didn't go back and get the one at the GC, but I found a used one at a GC in Nashville for about $150 less, and ordered that one. Came in yesterday. Spent a couple of hours getting it cleaned up and re-strung. I think I'm going to like it. Now I just need to figure out what to do with a slide.

gretsch_reso.JPG