Griff's Guitar

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
i recently bought a Seagull Artist Mosiac, as is was a 1/3 of the price of martin 00018, Taylor 512ec
solid mahagony back and sides,cedar top
size difference Seagull is 1/2" wider between back to front thickness, 1" wider body
my main question, would this slight difference really make an impact?
I don't know the actual difference in size between the various sizes, so I can't answer that directly. But I can say I've loved every Seagull guitar I've played - they are very well made.

DaveJardine

Blues Newbie
back to original question.
the Seagull is great, mahogny back and sides, cedar top, very responsive to a slight touch.but a dreadnut
this is where i need your help
would a slightly smaller body like the 00018 or 512 be a hugh difference in tone and comfort
would i a newbee appreciate/notice the difference

gene

Blues Newbie
Love Taylors. Thanks for jumping in Griff. Used to have a 512 which I LOVED but sold for some dumb reason. Was looking for another acoustic and wondered about yours. Ended up with a 312ce which is amazing. Can't wait till it's broken in.

gene

Blues Newbie
I just bought a andrew white guitar, its more like a parlor guitar, its a cybele 112 3t5,rosewood back and sides spruce top. Its got a indian rosewood bridge and fretboard, I really like the sound.