Pedals/Effects Ibanez Releases New Tube Screamer TSV 808

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
The Ibanez TSV808 was developed in close collaboration with the high-end pedal manufacturer Vemuram. Vemuram has earned world-wide acclaim from the guitar playing public and an accomplished roster of endorsing artists for producing ultra high-quality effects pedals. Vemuram’s pedals utilize top-tier components such as a quad-layered PCB (Printed Circuit Board) and unique brass housings on all of their pedals. The inspiration for the TSV808 was a hybrid of the Vemuram Jan Rey and Ibanez TS808, each companies’ flagship effects pedal. The process was long and the work intense, but the TSV808 successfully preserves the Tube Screamer’s signature mid-boost and combines it with the wide dynamic range and frequency response of the Jan Rey, for a freshly inspired, unbeatable new Tube Screamer that redefines superior overdriven sound.

[SPECS]
•Controls (Front): Overdrive, Tone, Level
•Controls (Top): Saturation, Bass
•Controls (Internal PCB): Diode clipping Selector
•Size (mm):70mmW x 125mmD x 57mmH
•Size Size (inch):2.8"W x 4.9"Dx 2.2"H
•100% Brass Housing
•9V or 18V Power
•True Bypass
•Made in Japan

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
For all I know, or care (I don't care one bit), this may be the most awesome pedal ever built, but......
A 4 layer board for an overdrive pedal? What on earth for? I bet 3 of the layers are contiguous ground planes, or else have virtually no use. Sounds like a waste of copper to me. Marketing gimmick. Brass housing - ditto.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Ok, catch me up...
is this the eighth or the ninth version of this pedal?

Tenth, maybe?

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Never heard of Vemuram so I guess that acclaim wasn't from me. Honestly the hyperbole in the description is a pretty big turn off. At least they're proud of using a PCB instead of being handwired. That's progress in my book

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Never heard of Vemuram so I guess that acclaim wasn't from me. Honestly the hyperbole in the description is a pretty big turn off. At least they're proud of using a PCB instead of being handwired. That's progress in my book
I think Griff used one of their Jan Ray's in one of his pedal videos, or mentioned it

ChicagoCharlie

Blues Newbie
fulltone-fd2v2-main.png And here is a reasonable alternative. I haven't tried this pedal yet, however, I run the original Fulldrive 2 and it gives a couple of options that the T/S'er can't deliver.

Attachments

• FD2v2_Man.pdf
    431.2 KB · Views: 5

dan5150

Shredding the Blues
Isn't the Fulldrive more of a BOSS SD-1 clone, than a TS clone? (similar, but symmetrical vs. asymmetrical clipping sections)

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Isn't the Fulldrive more of a BOSS SD-1 clone, than a TS clone? (similar, but symmetrical vs. asymmetrical clipping sections)
I think they give you a clipping option, after reading the PDF above it gives several clipping options Wide option is symmetrical and it also gives a vintage Fulltone asymmetrical as well as a diode or clipping cut and a half clipping option

Last edited: