Loud Hum in My Strat

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Hmmmm. If there is nothing strange going on electrically in your house, we can probably eliminate a bad neutral splice somewhere. Those will create havoc. That being said, the problem has to be gear related. Are you using a pedalboard? My foot likes to knock cables out just enough to cause hum. Other than that, there has to be a common thread between all the gear you've tested. I wish you luck, but if you have to dig into the house wiring, you might want to have a reputable electrician come out. (y)

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
So if it is common to all your equipment, throw a couple of amps and guitars in your car and drive down to the office. Then we know for sure it is the environment.

If it follows you there, I am afraid to tell you Pete, it may be you.

gpower

Blues Junior
I have that same mod on one of my Strats... on my other I disconnected the middle pup from the tone pot and connected the bridge by itself instead. I like that combination better, because I never seem to want to adjust tone on the mid but, do like the bridge rolled off some. Then switching back to the b/m or m it sounds a little muddy. Next time I have the top off, I'll disconnect the mid pup on the first one too.