Jimmy Page Sundragon Amps

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Well,
The sneak preview looks cool...............tell us more.

I sure would not pay extra for a signature model but I'd like to see/hear more.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Well,
The sneak preview looks cool...............tell us more.

I sure would not pay extra for a signature model but I'd like to see/hear more.
NAMM it's all about the unveil. Like to see what kind of price they put on production models. My guess the signature models autographed are going to run at least $4K.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Did I miss something? No information is available besides the picture.
Yes scroll down there's text down there that describes it

NAMM 2019: Jimmy Page has unveiled the Sundragon amp, a collaboration between the Led Zeppelin guitarist, Perry Margouleff and Mitch Colby. The Sundragon is touted as a faithful recreation of the amp he used on the Led Zeppelin album and the solo to “Stairway to Heaven,” among other recordings.

According to the Sundragon website, Page’s original amp “started out life as a Supro Coronado. After falling out of the back of the band’s van during an early pre-Zeppelin tour, the amp was restored and modified in significant ways. Jimmy realized that the sonic palette of his amp had changed to something new and unique. After being shrouded in mystery for more than 50 years, Jimmy has decided to share this extraordinary amplifier with the world.”

Said Page, “I had been impressed with the forensic analysis both Mitch and Perry had put into the research of the sonic reproduction of the original Supro amp to arrive at the Sundragon.”

A limited edition run of 50 Sundragon amps will be hand-built by Mitch Colby and signed by Jimmy Page throughout 2019, with a standard production run available later in the year.

Last edited:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Yes scroll down there's text down there that describes it

NAMM 2019: Jimmy Page has unveiled the Sundragon amp, a collaboration between the Led Zeppelin guitarist, Perry Margouleff and Mitch Colby. The Sundragon is touted as a faithful recreation of the amp he used on the Led Zeppelin album and the solo to “Stairway to Heaven,” among other recordings.

According to the Sundragon website, Page’s original amp “started out life as a Supro Coronado. After falling out of the back of the band’s van during an early pre-Zeppelin tour, the amp was restored and modified in significant ways. Jimmy realized that the sonic palette of his amp had changed to something new and unique. After being shrouded in mystery for more than 50 years, Jimmy has decided to share this extraordinary amplifier with the world.”

Said Page, “I had been impressed with the forensic analysis both Mitch and Perry had put into the research of the sonic reproduction of the original Supro amp to arrive at the Sundragon.”

A limited edition run of 50 Sundragon amps will be hand-built by Mitch Colby and signed by Jimmy Page throughout 2019, with a standard production run available later in the year.
Yes. I read that. I spose I could look up the Sundragon amps for tech specs.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Gosh @Crossroads, I wasn't talking about a squishy narrative. I am interested in the tech specs. Wattage, tubes, speaker drivers, weight, FX loop, etc.

Last edited: