Fender Acoustasonic Tele ?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Oh, that's just what I need! :rolleyes:
But it might be fun to take my Stratacoustic and do something like that with it.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Very interesting! Do I need one? No. My EPI EJ-200 does all I will ever need along this line. It has two pickups, one under the bridge and a magnetic pickup at the end of the neck and the ability for either pickup or merging the two together. The Nano-mag pickup at the neck can be made to sound incredibly like an electric.
IMG_0587.JPG

Last edited:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Coming in from another angle: one of those three mod projects is on my Tele and, if I were to go this route, that job would become OBE (Overcome By Events). I live in the place where electric and acoustic come together and I'd like to think Fender came up with this concept to address the demographic that speaks to me.

Or something.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
FWIW I've reached out to the owners of my local shop, who are also the only Fender dealers in about 100 miles; hell, they're about the only anything dealers around here. Inquiring about what my cost would be, and what I could expect as trade-in for a couple of guitars something like this would replace. No guarantees we'll come to terms but this innovation (okay, transfer from a Taylor designer) would sit very well in my use case farm. I'll report back if anything actually happens. :Beer:

Last edited:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I like it! I'm kinda wondering though? What would I do with it? I once bought a thin body acoustic electric ovation and I was crazy about it! And then I owned it for long enough to experience how toneless and thin it actually was.......... sold! I for sure would have to play this one for a while and figure out how I would use it.......... Open mics with a little clean amp perhaps? :Beer:

They are beautiful!

The Anderton's video is great!

Last edited:

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I noticed the stores that have them have pulled their sales pages. The Sweetwater one above doesn't work and I tried another store that emailed me that they had them and couldn't get to a sales page. I think Fender must have told them to wait until NAMM begins in two days.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I noticed the stores that have them have pulled their sales pages. The Sweetwater one above doesn't work and I tried another store that emailed me that they had them and couldn't get to a sales page. I think Fender must have told them to wait until NAMM begins in two days.
Strange.
You might be right about NAMM

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Interesting. Earlier today the SW order pages were live; no longer. My store contact said he’d work with me on pricing and trade in deals after NAMM so I guess the gag is in and some folks just jumped the gun.

Randy S

Blues Junior
Watching the demos on Andertons, Reverb, Sweetwater, etc can give you serious GAS . From the Andertons demo I picked that it uses Impulse Response technology in the electronics to reproduce the sound of various styles of acoustic guitars. Griff talked about that technology a few weeks ago in an AAP session. You would play this through a clean acoustic style amp . $2,000 is a lot but then a lot of acoustics can run that much .I am going to have to muster a lot of self discipline to resist this guitar .

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
It's interesting to see something a little different like this come along from Fender. I thought it sounded pretty good in the videos.
Chances are, this will be a big seller for Fender, although the price seems more than a bit high to me. I'd be a lot more interested at half that price +/- a little.
Hard to tell about the quality of build from the videos, but they sure do look nice - very tasteful aesthetic design IMO.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Not the first time Fender has tried this. They did a Strat Acoustisonic around 2000. I nearly bought a used one at the GC in West Palm Beach around 2011.
Here's a demo vid of the model I saw.

Not to be confused with the Stratacoustic and Telacoustic that has been in Fender's product line for some time. I have a Stratacoustic, which is a wood top hollow body with a plastic bowl body and a moderately good bolt on Fender neck. They have a Fishman piezo pickup and preamp under the bridge. I don't hate it, but if I was freezing, I would burn it to keep warm.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Looking at the T5, the older design from the guy behind this one; they're half again as expensive and for all I'm into acoustics I prefer the Fender aesthetic. If this concept gets traction I'd expect a MiM version to come out in fairly short order to catch the almost-there crowd.

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Not the first time Fender has tried this. They did a Strat Acoustisonic around 2000.
Yes, I was aware of those earlier offerings. It meant to indicate that this guitar is a somewhat more serious product offering of higher quality construction and materials, using more modern technology. That may translate into greater success in the marketplace. It will be interesting to see how it is received. I'd love to have one!

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I would love to have one too, but not at two grand. I have put several guitars together starting with an inexpensive guitar and upgrading it to my liking. As things have panned out, by the time I get all of my preferred chingaderos (pickups, tremolo, neck in some cases, tuners, pots, switches, etc) I always end up spending between $700 and $800.

Last edited: