The alternate name for this course...

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
If I remember correctly @Griff said this course should have been named differently.
I think there was a reflection on how people were using it.... and what the take-aways were.
But maybe I'm speculating...

Anyone remember what Griff was referring to?

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I should have called it something like "How To Take Apart And Actually Use Blues Licks," or something similar. The name I gave it doesn't really reflect what's in it and I think that causes some confusion about it.

It's a great course if you really want to learn how to tear blues licks down and really use them in any situation, but it's named badly :)

JffKnt

Blues Newbie
@Griff. I think it's a perfect name for the course. Because it's about understanding how to play your own solos, to-wit, how to "improvise."

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
well, dang, now my curiosity got peaked to look at this course..................I think I won it.....lol

MarcV

Blues Junior
Have done a bunch of BGU courses. All good and insructive. However this one: how to improvise has been the absolute best for me in terms of internalizing lick into my toolbag. Memorized and played okay the solos in 5 Easy Blues solos. A week later could not remember much. Follow the steps in HTI for learning lick really helps for "owning" licks