What the...

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Lets be honest! You have to respect yourself, as we do! :) So there is at least one! o_O :Beer:

Tom

Funny (well maybe odd is a better word) story. Several years ago, I saw a bunch of posts on Facebook by a guy named Kyle Carozza, including a photo of him playing accordion and talking about an upcoming comedy show he was doing in Los Angeles. I sent a friend request, which he accepted. Surprisingly, he knew who I was and knew quite a bit about me. It turns out he was friends with my youngest son, Arin and had contracted Arin to do a couple of characters on Kyle's (then) new show on Cartoon Network called Mighty Magiswords.

He was surprised to learn that I friended him simply because I saw he was a comedian and played accordion. I had no idea of the rest of the story until after I friended him. I just liked him because he is a millenial with the cojones to let people know he plays accordion.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Funny (well maybe odd is a better word) story. Several years ago, I saw a bunch of posts on Facebook by a guy named Kyle Carozza, including a photo of him playing accordion and talking about an upcoming comedy show he was doing in Los Angeles. I sent a friend request, which he accepted. Surprisingly, he knew who I was and knew quite a bit about me. It turns out he was friends with my youngest son, Arin and had contracted Arin to do a couple of characters on Kyle's (then) new show on Cartoon Network called Mighty Magiswords.

He was surprised to learn that I friended him simply because I saw he was a comedian and played accordion. I had no idea of the rest of the story until after I friended him. I just liked him because he is a millenial with the cojones to let people know he plays accordion.
cool "small world" story:)

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Jack, would you believe this all started on the rooftop in Memphis when Sloslunas offered me $50 to burn my fuzzy pink guitar strap?
It has all escalated from that moment!
How much are the straps? $20-$25. I would have taken the 50 burnt the strap and bought another and still been up on the deal:whistle:

cheers

Al.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
How much are the straps? $20-$25. I would have taken the 50 burnt the strap and bought another and still been up on the deal:whistle:

cheers

Al.
The one I have was more than $50. The ones currently infecting the lower 48 states are less than that.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Hey pops, when does the "I can say no more" start?? :)

luv ya man... pink and all...
Yeah, I thought of that late last night when I re-read my first post. If you haven't seen the movie 'Help!' a couple hundred times, the irony of the line doesn't come across.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
DARE TO BE DIFFERENT! Very few have a tiger-striped head and speaker either. To my mind, both a pink guitar and a tiger-striped amp belong in a brothel, but what the h*ll.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!

There are many musicians (professional, and those who play for fun) in my family, and my cousin Dan, put himself through college playing accordion. Since I play piano, one day my uncle told me to play the accordion. I did fine with the right hand, but the left? HELP! :confused:

What do you do with all those little buttons? ;)

Tom

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Yeah I was going to go see him at Red Rocks but tickets sold out in minutes (technically some way I t the back are still available but too much for only seeing him on the jumbotron).
I've seen him in concert twice, but not with the Denver symphony :)

Last edited:

patb

Blues Junior
I wonder how color blind he is? Does he like pink because it’s a color he can see, or is it he has no clue what pink actually looks like?
I'm red/ green color blind so I"m not sure what pink looks like to y'all but I sure like it. Of course there is pink and then there is PINK. Love my pink shirts but even I am not sure about a pink fuzzy strap on a vintage cherry SG or ES339.
I once told a young lady I am color blind and cannot see a certain printed instruction she pointed out. Her reply.... Oh my God, were you born that way?
Pat

sloslunas

NM Blues
Funny story about 'Weird Al". One day while in Tucson I was cutting some trees for my dad. Long story short I damn near cut my finger off with a chain saw. With blood gushing everywhere...my dad rushed me to the emergency room at Tucson Medical. While in surgery, I turned to my side and there was 'Weird Al' next to me getting sewn up for whatever incident he was going through. We had a good laugh about that! It's a small world...

Steve

PS. It just so happened that the guy that worked on me was rated as the best hand surgeon in the country (he was due to fly out the next day!). Miracles do happen...

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
While in surgery, I turned to my side and there was 'Weird Al' next to me getting sewn up for whatever incident he was going through.
Great story Steve.
trampled by groupies no doubt!
or....bludgeoned over the head with his accordion maybe??