Looper Doesn't Work On All Access Pass

Rebel G

Blues Newbie
Hi Griff ,When I set the looper on your video lessons it set the points but does not repeat Also there's no blue bar going over the measures. Can you loop or down load the audio tracks? The looper did work for beginning blues chords but not for blues chord soloing and pentatonic scales and technique
Thanks

Last edited:

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
My apologies for taking so long to get to this, it's really more of a technical question as I suspect it has more to do with your platform or browser than the actual website.

So I'm going to do 2 things:

1 - move this to the technical area so more people will see it (and some of them are much smarter than me on tech stuff)

2 - Ask you what type of computer, what browser, and any versions you can give us (OS, Browser, etc.)

If it is a bug of some sort I can get it fixed, but we have to be able to reproduce it first.

Griff

Rebel G

Blues Newbie
Hi Griff,
Thanks for the response. I'm using Windows 7. Internet Explorer, Same problem with 2 different computers running Windows 7 Also tried the Google platform. Am I the only one having this problem?
Thanks

gfmoore

Blues Newbie
I too am experiencing this problem on the new HTJBA where to learn the licks I pretty much think it is indispensible :)
I tried it on Firefox Quantum - no joy, Microsoft Edge - no joy, and then in Explorer - and that works. I refuse to have Google chrome on my computer. Windows 10

However I found a much better solution was download the video and use Transcribe! from SeventhString software. I didn't realise you could use it with video [and on win10 it doesn't now use quicktime so the video plays more in synch]. I can highlight what I want and slow it down. Super cool. You get a free trial version, but it's worth paying for inmo. It works with Apple and Linux.

@Griff, I don't know what Javascript? framework you are using for this (looks like jquery Migrate.js), but I think you need to get in touch with the developer and get them to check things out.
For instance on the F12 inspector on Firefox I see this warning message:
Content Security Policy: Directive ‘child-src’ has been deprecated. Please use directive ‘worker-src’ to control workers, or dire...

I suspect some additional security features have been added by Firefox etc and now need to be resolved.

Rebel G

Blues Newbie
I use my iPhone if I want to use the looper The issue has never been resolved. I can’t believe we are the only people to have problems.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I just tried using the loop feature on the first video and it seems to be working for me. I'm using Chrome.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I haven't been able to reproduce it either but I'm going to try a couple of other computers and see if I can. I don't have access to Windows 7 machine, and since even Microsoft isn't supporting Win7 anymore I doubt I'll be able to adjust for that. But for Win10 machines I should be able to reproduce the errors using the browsers you mentioned, I'll just have to get a copy of them.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
My experience with programming and personal computers has been that you must define what platform your product will run on, and what versions of each product, with what Microsoft update. All bets are off as soon as Microsoft sends you their latest greatest update.

Some of my applications were for the medical field, and were life and death matters.

At NUMMI (Toyota and General Motors), we would not allow any Microsoft updates to be used by the factory, until they had been thoroughly tested in a proper environment. That is not too practical at home. One company (medical field) had a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) department with professionals who were there to try to break software, by testing for a variety of conditions.

Trying to emulate another persons equipment is not an easy task. When conditions exist such as Microsoft no longer supporting a product, all bets are off! (n)

Being retired, I cannot afford to run out and purchase new software and or hardware, every time Microsoft makes a change or update. But I have been criticized for suggesting such a thing, on programming forums. I have thousands of dollars spent for software and hardware that did not work for more than three months, because Microsoft created updates, and manufacturers did not wish to create new software drivers, or update their software product, without purchasing a new product.

For those of you who have operating systems no longer supported by Microsoft, the world of reality - the technology reality - is your system is not worthy of existing. :( You could update your operating system, but your computer may not work at all! Your computer has to keep up with the operating system at some point.

Reliability is another issue. A local store - Fry's, would sell you a five year warrantee. Today, and for the last four years, that has been reduced to three years. Does that tell you anything about the expected life expectancy of your computer? :eek:

The world of technology is not a pleasant one. And here I am, right in the middle of Silicon Valley! That is how I got my handle! :)

Silicon Valley Tom