hybrid and finger picking

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
Had a great day working on my hybrid and finger picking. Yes, I can hybrid pick using my ring and little finger and finger pick using thumb, index, ring and little finger. I have to remember to keep my middle finger out of the road. I haven't figured out how to hybrid a bass note and and 3 treble notes; but; I can finger pick it so no big deal. It's easier than my hybrid touch typing. All and all, I very happy with my progress. My fingers are beginning to remember things and I'm having fun.

CJLaMere

Blues Newbie
I tried to finger pick by some lessons on here and other places, my fingers seem to do what ever they want, so I let them, tried of fighting it, I get to were I am going

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Had a great day working on my hybrid and finger picking. Yes, I can hybrid pick using my ring and little finger and finger pick using thumb, index, ring and little finger. I have to remember to keep my middle finger out of the road. I haven't figured out how to hybrid a bass note and and 3 treble notes; but; I can finger pick it so no big deal. It's easier than my hybrid touch typing. All and all, I very happy with my progress. My fingers are beginning to remember things and I'm having fun.
Why would you want to keep your middle finger out of it? I use index middle and ring and never little. (We are talking picking hand right?)

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
Why would you want to keep your middle finger out of it? I use index middle and ring and never little. (We are talking picking hand right?)
I used to pick like you; but, since I lost the tip of my middle finger, I keep it out of the way and use my thumb index, ring and little finger. And I'm getting used to it faster than I thought I would. A table mounted router with a 3/4" straight bit decided it liked my middle finger nail bed and an orthopedic surgeon took off the rest of the tip. The finger only comes to the end of the nail bed and is still sensitive. Therefore, i keep it out of the way. And now you know.

Last edited:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
OK- that's a good reason.

I met a guy once that had lost a few fingers in some kind of accident but he still figured out a way to hold a bow in that hand and play string bass.

And then there's Django.