BSBB Working on BSBB and CRSB simultaneously and more

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
So I've been working on the BSBB for a while now and recently added the CRSB to my lesson plan. I'm finding that if a take a few days off of the BSBB I have to get back into the Play Alongs. I find that starting at level 2 is all I need to jump start the fingers. So I will alternate days of just one Level 2 Play Along between the 3 groups. And I play all the solos of level 2 and level 3. So I'm finding that regardless of missing days or not it is best that I always start with a level 2 Play Along as I'm finding that it's helping with my accuracy of economy picking and also what to do with my flailing pinky. I'm finding that a little baby powder for my sweaty guitar neck and hands help when needed.........

And then I do all of BSBB Group 4.

And so then with what time I have left during the day I move onto CRSB and do a similar alternating the Play Alongs and the solo's. I'm on group 2 now.......

But I'm still working on the acoustic tunes in the morning (if I'm not cycling) and I've found that playing "The Spent Money Blues" and also the "Traveling Blues" tunes along with Griff at the slow speeds and fast speeds are really good. I've got "Traveling Blues" down pretty good without singing and I'm thinking of making a video in the next couple of weeks. But is anyone else having as much of a challenge as I am remembering all the changes to the "The Spent Money Blues"? Geez!

I'd like to have enough time to practice the Arpeggio course but that one has fallen to the side for now........

Last edited:

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for sharing, MM! Now I feel like even more of a slacker! (Tough, I'm retired!). I am such a slow learner, I can’t even work on one thing at once! I’ve been eyeing those two “speed builder” courses, but am currently confined to ABGU. I have a Slide course, too, thinking I’ll work it after ABGU. I tried to be very disciplined - even tried out the “practice generator,” but didn’t do so well (did I mention I’m retired?).
Congratulations on your inspiring progress! Looking forward to your video! (I’m trying to do that, too!)

Last edited:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Thanks for sharing, MM! Now I feel like even more of a slacker! (Tough, I'm retired!). I am such a slow learner, I can’t even work on one thing at once! I’ve been eyeing those two “speed builder” courses, but am currently confined to ABGU. I have a Slide course, too, thinking I’ll work it after ABGU. I tried to be very disciplined - even tried out the “practice generator,” but didn’t do so well (did I mention I’m retired?).
Congratulations on your inspiring progress! Looking forward to your video! (I’m trying to do that, too!)
I'm retired too! And I feel like the slacker!! I feel I should have these acoustic songs down by now including singing. I got a slide guitar earlier in the spring and I haven't even started anything with it yet..... And then I have to say it's tough to get all the practice in with the speed building courses that I should be. I wish I could practice for hours a day...... I just try to keep going and at least once a week spend a couple of hours on them..... I would like to get back to the arpeggio course as I feel that is really important. :Beer:

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
BSBB is the first course I've worked on in awhile. Most of my time lately has been learning songs for bands. I'm really enjoying this course. Great licks to steal in addition to the other benefits. (y)

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I'm working on both also. Although I have limited time each day if any on some so sometimes I feel like I'm not getting any faster but I am actually moving forward just not as fast as I'd like. I spent allot of time on them yesterday and I can feel it in my left forearm.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
An added benefit of BSBB is trying to emulate the "sugar" Griff is adding at the end of licks. Good stuff!!!
I think playing the slowest speed is really good for that......... And bending them up to the proper pitch. I have found with these courses that I am bending just that little bit more..... :Beer:

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
I think that a beginning/intermediate player who is looking to play with more feeling and emotion can find it here. Just play the slow speeds and try to get the bends, pull-offs, hammer-on's, and the timing right along with Griff. This is more than just a speed building course. I think it's a gain more felling and emotion in your playing course too. :Beer:

Mr.Scary

I finally got around to downloading the Mp3 to both these courses. Now I am feeding them into my Transcribe Software and learning them in other keys. Sweet

Mr.Scary

Try playing these in different keys especially around G and A. Not so easy of bends and frets little farther apart. Can't seem to get past level 2 on them. Maybe level 3 on some BSBB.

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
I think that a beginning/intermediate player who is looking to play with more feeling and emotion can find it here. Just play the slow speeds and try to get the bends, pull-offs, hammer-on's, and the timing right along with Griff. This is more than just a speed building course. I think it's a gain more felling and emotion in your playing course too. :Beer:

I recently picked up an AAP and this is my first post BGUv2 course. I am finding that this course is doing a better job of teaching me counting and timing which are what I most needed to learn. It has taken me some time to learn to count and play the licks at level 1 (60-70-80) with all the slurs and sugar correct, but once I got that, playing at level 2 comes pretty quick although I can't count anymore at 100 and 110 bpm. I think I have the feel down and don't need to count out loud at that point anymore. I hope thats OK, because there is no way my lips are moving fast enough to count swing feel at 140 bpm, or 420 counts per minute!