Backing Tracks

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Anyone have recommendations for good backing track sites? Specifically looking for multitrack wav files

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I guess I should have mentioned the tracks on Karaokeversion.com are about $3 each.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Thanks for the responses guys.

I don't mind paying a fair price for quality.
I have purchased some from QuistJam. They aren't multi-track splits, but a complete arrangement in a stereo mix. You can find the QuistJam stuff on Youtube and like Norfolk Bill says, you can use them from Youtube for free. I purchase them because they are well put together and I don't mind putting a few bucks in the pockets of Youtube content creators. I believe it gives them a little more incentive to keep on coming up with new stuff.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Gotcha Bill and thanks. Yeah I've used backing tracks on YouTube. As I said I am trying to get multitrack backing tracks in wav format. The ones on YouTube are already mixed and while fine for practice don't know if I would use them live.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
MikeS told me about karaokeversion.com a few years ago. Great site for selecting instrumental, vocal, etc.
Song selection improving over time.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
MikeS told me about karaokeversion.com a few years ago. Great site for selecting instrumental, vocal, etc.
Song selection improving over time.

The nice thing about karaokeversion is that most of the songs are real instruments not synth instruments.

glynnd

Blues Newbie
You could look into downloading MOGG files. They can be opened in Audacity and will have a separate track for each instrument in the recording. You can then mute specific tracks and create your own backing track. Many, if not all, of these MOGG files have been ripped from Guitar Hero and similar games, so they are the original recordings, including vocals. However many of the sites that host downloadable MOGG files are pretty suspect security wise so proceed with caution, also the files may contain nasty surprises so you need a really good virus monitoring set up. I don't want to post links but if you google "MOGG Files" or "downloadable MOGG files" you will find them.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Thanks Glynd and all. I looked into Jamkazam that Doug mentioned, and though they are multi track online, they are mixed when you download.

That said you can customized specific tracks online and then download the mix, and then add your own tracks.

I'll look into MOGG files, I can set up a separate server in the DMZ.