Electric Guitars Dean Zelinsky Tagliare

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
I don't want to hijack this thread but I would love to hear more about your Dean Zelinsky guitar...do you love it? which pickups? Z-Glide neck... sound great? If you have the energy for it maybe you could start a thread about it... with pics. I'm sure everyone would love that!

Thanks
I'm afraid I simply don't know enough about guitars to answer your questions. Yes, it has a Z-Glide neck, but I really haven't played anything else, so I can't comment on how it compares. I can say that the first time I took it in to the local music store, one of the guitar guys said "I've heard about that neck, but it's the first one I've seen; okay if I try it?" Of course I let him, and after a bit of him playing stuff faster than I could even hope to, he handed it back to me and said "now I want one." The pickups are what they label as "DZPL Vintage Pickups."

Does it sound great? It probably would in the hands of someone more experienced. Some days I think I'm getting fairly competent, other days, not so much. And I've never played it through high-end amplifier. I use a Fender Champion 20, so there's probably some limitation to the sound.

I've only been learning for a little over two years now, practice between 1.5 and 2 hours a day. Nobody has ever heard me play; even my wife has only heard the unamplified strings when she walks through the room, because I put headphones on.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I have one of there Strettivita's, the lp copy, that has the Z-glide neck, it's a good guitar, but I think for the money a PRS SE model is more bang for the buck, the pick ups in mine are ok but, not great. They are not the Sidekick I think Cowboy has a Tagliare with a sidekick.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
I have the Tagliare...check out my review...I like the guitar...decent quality, plays nice and does what is claims to do...the Sidekick pickups do keep the volume the same...in truth, I need to spend some more time with it...I'm usually playing my LP, tele, or strat...I got the Tagliare to be able to have only one guitar that covers both the single coil and humbucker thing...

I probably should do a followup review...

My Tagliare Review

...later.

cowboy

Randy S

Blues Junior
I have one with the Z glide and sidekick pickups .The pickups sound good on both humbucker and single coil mode and the volume does not drop when you switch ..i like the neck but can't really say that it plays any faster . The guitar sounds great and plays great at a good price .As an added bonus it also looks great.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Mark

1st off thanks for creating this thread, I didn't mean to put you on the spot.

It sounds like you are earnestly trying to master the guitar. Keep it up and you will be well on your way!

See we've uncovered several other Dean Z owners. Thanks all for your comments.

I've been rather curious about the Dean Z guitars. They do seem to be very reasonably priced and have a lot of options available.