Old guy deciding to get serious about practice

Juglr

Blues Newbie
Hello. I've been playing around with the guitar for a lot of years and know a lot of chords. With a capo I can play the chords to most anything, but I want to learn to play lead. I bought Caged Unleashed and Guitar Theory Made Useful a while back but never found the time to start them. I just bought Blues Guitar Unleashed and decided to get serious about going through the lessons.
I have a question: I've been getting Griff's emails for years. A while back I watched a good video he sent about learning the notes on the fretboard. Are all of his blog videos on this site somewhere? Where can I find them?

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Yes, but I'll let one of the tech savvy members tell you where and how to get to them, I think most of the videos are on youtube, not sure though

david moon

Attempting the Blues
If you go to the top left of the page there is a link to Blues Guitar Unleashed (not the forum). I'm not sure how you initially sign up, but once you do there is lots of content.

artyman

Fareham UK
Welcome to the forum from one of the UK mob, great bunch of guys on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, when you get settled in take a wander down to the basement and join us in the Virtual Jam Room

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Most welcome! I'm in a similar boat, having doinked around with acoustic cowboy chords for many years. Also recently got semi-serious about actually learning some geetar stuff and this is a great place for material (and helpful fellow members) to do just that. :Beer:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
A while back I watched a good video he sent about learning the notes on the fretboard. Are all of his blog videos on this site somewhere? Where can I find them?
Go to http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/ and click on "Lessons" at the top. That will take you to the blog where you can find most of the videos.

To save time if you know the topic, you can just Google "blues guitar unleashed ___________" and fill in the blank with the topic.

Example: learning notes on the fretboard

On Google enter: "blues guitar unleashed learning notes on the fretboard".

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the Forum. Paleo has given you what you need to find that video. Let us know if you still can't find it.

Luke Michaels

Blues Newbie
Welcome. Just starting to try to learn again here also. Searched quite a few online lessons before settling on BGU. Great course.