Session times

BobbyR

Blues, Bourbon, and Guitars
I'm having a tough time attending the member sessions since the start time has been moved to 10:00 am Pacific. Is anyone else in the same predicament?

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I and I'm sure many others are also in the same boat. There is not universally good time.

Be aware that the sessions are recorded and archived... do you realize that?

BobbyR

I and I'm sure many others are also in the same boat. There is not universally good time.

Be aware that the sessions are recorded and archived... do you realize that?
Of course. When this thing started, I was able to attend live sessions and I enjoyed them. Now I feel shut out.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
I sort of get what you are saying but there really is no reason to feel shut out. As I already mentioned there is no universal time that suits everybody.

Still you can post videos, post questions ... both of which can be part of the next 'Office Hours'. The sessions are recorded and archived for you to peruse at your own convenience. No need to be shut out.

BobbyR

I sort of get what you are saying but there really is no reason to feel shut out. As I already mentioned there is no universal time that suits everybody.

Still you can post videos, post questions ... both of which can be part of the next 'Office Hours'. The sessions are recorded and archived for you to peruse at your own convenience. No need to be shut out.
Let's agree to disagree. When we started, sessions were scheduled at various times. I assumed this was an effort to accomodate more members. I liked that. Last month, sessions were starting to be scheduled at 10:00AM pacific. This month, they are all at that same time. I guess 10:00 AM pacific is the "universal time".

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I know it can be frustrating, but he tries to do the best he can for the most people. I know I for one, experienced a problem with them jumping all over the place (time wise). I could never remember which session on which day at what time (even with then in my compute & phone calendars).
He's never going to find a time that works for everyone. I have to miss every Thursday session because of a prior commitment, so I watch off line. Is it as satisfying as live? No, but I can still ask my questions on the forum and it kinda works ok.

Chris L. Babcock

Blues Newbie
I'm w
I'm having a tough time attending the member sessions since the start time has been moved to 10:00 am Pacific. Is anyone else in the same predicament?
I'm with you. I can't do the 10am unless it's on a Thursday because I work day shifts and try to take off Thursday and Friday.

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
While we are in this vein, I suppose consideration should be given to our esteemed instructor. I certainly do believe that he tries to be accommodating, but... What's a good time for him to do these? Without him, there wouldn't be any sessions

Funny thing is, I don't believe I have attended any of them live!. I too still work and am unable to attend any 10 AM PST sessions. I look forward to the day that I am able to retire and have so much more control of my time.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I think Griff does the best he can, as has been stated elsewhere he's got a lot on his plate not only professionally but personally as well.

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
I've been missing also since the change but I do enjoy the recorded session though questions come to mind that I realize I can't ask live but then don't end up asking on the forum either. When I first joined a year ago or so I would try to make the later sessions but it seemed with my busy schedule that there was always something getting in the way. During challenges I did always try to keep my schedule free to make those but with working first shift and the company blocking the webinar site I haven't been able too lately. In reality though if it wan't me it would be someone half way around the world who's in a different time zone so no matter when he schedules them some members are going to be left out of the live sessions so thank God they are recorded and Griff is always available to ask questions to on the forum.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
The only thing you miss is the ability to ask questions in real time.

(And maybe a little humorous banter in the chat.)

There is a "Live Session Discussion" forum set up so you can ask questions about the previous live sessions or questions that come up watching the recorded sessions. It's right next to this one.

That forum is rarely used.o_O

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I've been missing also since the change but I do enjoy the recorded session though questions come to mind that I realize I can't ask live but then don't end up asking on the forum either. When I first joined a year ago or so I would try to make the later sessions but it seemed with my busy schedule that there was always something getting in the way. During challenges I did always try to keep my schedule free to make those but with working first shift and the company blocking the webinar site I haven't been able too lately. In reality though if it wan't me it would be someone half way around the world who's in a different time zone so no matter when he schedules them some members are going to be left out of the live sessions so thank God they are recorded and Griff is always available to ask questions to on the forum.

I know it's not the best option, but if your lunch break can be coordinated with the webinars, and if you have a smart phone, you might be able to watch live on your phone and ask questions then. As I said I know it's not a great option because of the small screen, but it MIGHT work for you.

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
I know it's not the best option, but if your lunch break can be coordinated with the webinars, and if you have a smart phone, you might be able to watch live on your phone and ask questions then. As I said I know it's not a great option because of the small screen, but it MIGHT work for you.

I only get 2 GB of data usage per month on my plan so that is not an option for me.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
It may be possible that Griff needs to do this in the AM so he can also do his daily licks and tricks for us and facebook. Plus he is always working on new stuff. Plus he has music to do in 2 bands and ...oh yeah....he has a family. Now this may not be the case but I do wonder if this is the case.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It may be possible that Griff needs to do this in the AM so he can also do his daily licks and tricks for us and facebook. Plus he is always working on new stuff. Plus he has music to do in 2 bands and ...oh yeah....he has a family. Now this may not be the case but I do wonder if this is the case.

I'm sure that's a major part of it too. He has to be quite a juggler.

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
There is a Facebook? I never thought to think about that? Hmmm.. what is it? BGU ? please let me Know(y)

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
The facebook site I was referring to is called Blues Guitar Lessons. Griff and a host of others post Blues uitar Lessons here.