It feels like I am just starting over

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Now that the antibiotic bag and iv lines are gone and I am feeling much better it is time to pick up a guitar. (Hope they are not angry that I neglected them. LOL). I have to decide where I want to start. I think acoustic, finger picking and just pick a couple of Griff's lessons. Music Store Blues and the Foreman will be a good place to start.

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
Glad you're unplugged now. Yes, picking up the guitar again is great therapy. My ladies are beginning to forgive me for my long detour. Yours will too if you're tender with them,

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
I have found that some time away from the guitar is often beneficial, especially if you have found yourself in a rut or lacking any real direction or inspiration.
You may find that as you get back to it, you will experience a "leap frog" in some area of your ability, or you may develop an interest in some new or different area / genre / aspect / style of playing that reinvigorates your interest in playing. There are so many different things to explore, but it's so easy to get in a rut that is hard to shake.
Glad you are on the mend - stay healthy!