Nace Pro 18 sale price?

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
Mike, your real name isn't Art is it?? :)....
LOL . if having the most fun that a man can have by cheering and encouraging others on this forum . than thats Art ...like you did to me this morning .that was funny ..as for the Nace i have been wanting a Nace for quite a while. even more so after i played one at BGU Live.and at $699 wow! what a deal. thanks for the early morning laugh.i did push my excitment pretty hard:)

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
LOL . if having the most fun that a man can have by cheering and encouraging others on this forum . than thats Art ...like you did to me this morning .that was funny ..as for the Nace i have been wanting a Nace for quite a while. even more so after i played one at BGU Live.and at $699 wow! what a deal. thanks for the early morning laugh.i did push my excitment pretty hard:)
Just messing with ya... Between you and Steve, you guys should be pulling a commission... But not at these prices.. :)..
p.s. mine arrives Friday...

Last edited:

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
My understanding is that Art is getting out of the business for good, whcih is why his web site is down, so don't hold your breath.

I'm hearing some conflicting signals, such as he was contemplating offshoring manufacture to get prices more competitive. No clue whether that was just speculation or wishful thinking, but I haven't given up on him entirely, not yet,

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
Just messing with ya... Between you and Steve, you guys should be pulling a commission... But not at these prices.. :)..
p.s. mine arrives Friday...
i new you were. thats what made it so funny.i got the understanding you jumped on the bandwagon. that’s what makes this forum so fun. the inside and outside humor.

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
I am getting used to this Nace Pro 18 and like what it can do but it sure does have some nuances to get used to. It seems Master or Gain anywhere under 12 O'clock is pretty much worthless volume wise unless of course you push it with a OD pedal and then it sings and has fantastic clean up control with the guitar volume. I haven't even tried it with both cranked. It just doesn't seem to have the same overall volume as my blues Jr at 15 watts that I can't normally play over 2 or 3 or it gets too loud for everyone. Can anyone explain that? Can some of you other Pro 18 users share your findings or experience with it? I really am learning to love this amp just trying to make sure there is no problem due to shipping or anything and that the amp is working perfectly as designed.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Did you try stepping away from amp about 6 feet? It gets much louder than on top of it.
What guitar are you using? I have yet to try it with a strat which as the lowest output pickups in my collection.

I haven't had any time this week. I'm going to a jam tonight but I won't take the Nace, I just need to play with it more.
I do have the day off tomorroe so I should get to spend some quality time with it.

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
Did you try stepping away from amp about 6 feet? It gets much louder than on top of it.
What guitar are you using? I have yet to try it with a strat which as the lowest output pickups in my collection.

I haven't had any time this week. I'm going to a jam tonight but I won't take the Nace, I just need to play with it more.
I do have the day off tomorroe so I should get to spend some quality time with it.

Yes, I did notice the V-Power varies when you are away from the amp more than if I'm right on top of it as well as the overall output is louder. I have used a Strat, Gretsch and Peavey Cropper Classic with it so far.

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
I am getting used to this Nace Pro 18 and like what it can do but it sure does have some nuances to get used to. It seems Master or Gain anywhere under 12 O'clock is pretty much worthless volume wise unless of course you push it with a OD pedal and then it sings and has fantastic clean up control with the guitar volume. I haven't even tried it with both cranked. It just doesn't seem to have the same overall volume as my blues Jr at 15 watts that I can't normally play over 2 or 3 or it gets too loud for everyone. Can anyone explain that? Can some of you other Pro 18 users share your findings or experience with it? I really am learning to love this amp just trying to make sure there is no problem due to shipping or anything and that the amp is working perfectly as designed.

that was my draw to the amp,,it sounded the same from 1-18 watts..i love the nice creamy mellow sound, i use it without pedals ,,i have a Blues jr iii with the fat switch , mojo tone british vintage speaker ..i never play it as it is sooo loud..i posted Griffs review of this amp on youtube --he does an awesome job explaining the amp and how it functions
https://youtu.be/MUNJsBg4dAw

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
One thing I did get time to play around with was the reverb.
I happen to be a big spring reverb fan. For example my Mustang has a bunch of reverb models, and I prefer the spring one, even though it's a digital modelling of the springs.
The Nace is perfectly serviceable, in fact I think Griff commented he really likes it, but I like my Monoprice reverb better (I have one of the Monoprice amps with a good reverb tank, not the cheap blue plastic ones).